Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Error 2001 loop

iPhone? More like MyPhone iphone4idiots's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Error 2001 loop
    I'm trying to jailbreak an iPhone 3G 4.2.1. I can't get it in DFU mode no matter if I try Greenpois0n or Redsn0w or PwnageTool. I can use blackra1n to get in in recovery mode but when I try and install 4.2.1 or 3.1.3 I get an error 2001 from iTunes. I was trying to goto 3.1.3 cause then jailbreakme would work I think.

The Home button works fine when I open apps or Safari. And yes, I've gotten all the jailbreak's to work multiple times before. Something is not right with the 3G?
    I thought my carrier was bad til I got a new web host

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

You don't use Blackra1n to get you into recovery loop. If you are now in recovery mode, just shift + restore to stock 3.1.3 and don't use GP, jailbreakme for 3g iphone. If you can restore to 3.1.3, use redsn0w 0.9.4 to jailbreak.
    If you are downgrading to 3.1.3, a normal DFU mode is needed : with Iphone plug in > Hold both button for 10 secs and release the Power button but keep holding the Home button for approx 10 sec or you hear a beep and your sceen is black.

iPhone? More like MyPhone iphone4idiots's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks for reply. Well I guess the problem is I'm trying to downgrade to 3.1.3 but can't get it in DFU mode. When I just try and restore to 3.1.3 it gives 2001 error. I would just jailbreak at 4.2.1, but since I can't get into DFU mode GP redsn0w and PwnageTool won't begin running.
    I thought my carrier was bad til I got a new web host

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

You need to install a fresh IOS 4.2.1 and Use redsn0w RC 8 to jailbreak 4.2.1 not GP

What version of itunes do you have ?