Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Downgrade from 4.2.9 to 4.2.6 CDMA iPhone not working.

Default Downgrade from 4.2.9 to 4.2.6 CDMA iPhone not working.
    Hey all,

So I just got back in to jailbreaking, just in time for itunes to download 4.2.9.

Apparently, cydia has my shsh blob from when I first got the phone, back at 4.2.6. The problem is that I see mo possible way to restore this thing.

So I used TU and got to the 1013 error, which I hear is to be expected. I've seen a lot of threads saying to use greenpois0n after the error to get it to work, but when I'm doing it I see a bunch of NAND errors

"AND: NAND initialisaton failed due to format mismatch or uninitialised NAND.
    AND: Please reboot with reformatting enabled."

and then it just boots back into the itunes logo with the cable pointing towards it. So I have really no idea how to get my phone back to 4.2.6...

Any help?

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Have you tried the process on another computer. I did the exact same thing just yesterday and it worked for me.

Yeah I tried it on a laptop afterwords with no luck. Actually I wasn't being quite honest before but I'm not sure if it would make a difference.

Ok so I can't use either sauriks server or TU without being in DFU mode or else I get unknown error (20). So I did the whole thing using the saurik server after putting it into DFU mode. I don't think this would make a difference, but do you think I should do it again with TU?

Also this may seem a bit paranoid, but how can I tell that I actually have the 4.2.6 shsh blob? I say this because whenever I click save shsh on TU it doesn't add the 4.2.9 blob, and only shows the 4.2.6 one. There's no way TU could accidentally be saying I have the 4.2.6 blob when I actually only have the 4.2.9 blob is there?
    Last edited by Lysdexic; 2011-07-22 at 06:39 PM.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

4.2.9 is too new it probably won't show up for a long time. But it is likely there.

It shouldn't matter if you're in dfu or not to use the TSS Server but as long as it works for you it should be fine.

I'm a little confused though, so you get error 1013 right? You should see the iTunes+USB screen yes? That error you're talking about, is that error on your computer on Greenpois0n or?

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    4.2.9 is too new it probably won't show up for a long time. But it is likely there.

It shouldn't matter if you're in dfu or not to use the TSS Server but as long as it works for you it should be fine.

I'm a little confused though, so you get error 1013 right? You should see the iTunes+USB screen yes? That error you're talking about, is that error on your computer on Greenpois0n or?
    Okay so this is what has just happened so far. I did a clean restore to 4.2.9, then used the TU server to downgrade to 4.2.6 and got the 1013 error about 3/4 of the way done. Then I had the itunes logo with the usb cable, but I then tried using redsn0w on it, and I can see the same error on the text on the iPhone, which is

"AND: NAND initialisaton failed due to format mismatch or uninitialised NAND.
    AND: Please reboot with reformatting enabled."

after this the screen goes BACK to the itunes logo with the cable pointing towards it. Right now, I'm trying to restore again to 4.2.6 without doing a clean restore

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Did you try to use greenpois0n or redsn0w bc redsn0w isn't going to work.

Omg it worked... I have no idea how...

ANYONE WHO IS HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM:

These are the exact steps I used, and I have NO idea how it worked...

1. Use TU to restore, get to 1013 error
    2. Used redsn0w to jailbreak, got back to itunes logo with cable pointing towards it
    3. Restored AGAIN to get the 1013 error
    4. Used greenposi0n

I was reading on sauriks site about having to restore more than once...

But anyways, SO HAPPY! Thanks annie, most of this I got from one of your other posts!

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

You could just skip the first two steps. It would've worked out the same way with just restoring to 4.2.6 and running GP

I'm glad you resolved it though

Right but the first time I tried it it failed! It may have been the restoring it twice thing though, just in case anyone else has a similar problem

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

It took me one time lol. But yeah you know if this works for you it may work for others as well. Worth a go.