Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: does 4.3 bring newer features and performance optimization?

Default does 4.3 bring newer features and performance optimization?
    i got a 3gs about a year and a half ago. it was on FW 3.12. i jail broke it and unlocked it. when 4.01 FW came out i just did a upgrade through itunes, and jailbroke my phone on the jailbreakme.com site.

its been awhile and i am still on 4.01. should i stick with the current firmware, or do the newer updates offer better performance and features?

a few questions about upgrading to 4.3+fw and jailbreaking.

my baseband is 5.13.04.

my question is, is it possible for me to upgrade the firmware to something newer like a 4.3 firmware and jailbreak and unlock? i am currently with tmobile, so unlocking is very important for me.
    the main reason why i would like to upgrade to a newer firmware is for application use. some apps i want to use require the latest firmware.

i just want to make sure that its possible to update to a newer firmware, jail break it, and unlock it.

i dont want to upgrade to a newer firmware if it can't JB and unlock, because then i would have no use for the phone (with tmobile).

also i did a backup of the shsh files, but im not sure what they are, or what they do. i just backed them up because it was recommended.

thanks
    Last edited by bizzy420; 2011-07-20 at 06:38 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

You're good to upgrade to 4.3.3 and keep the unlock. A CUSTOM FIRMWARE build and load is required to keep the unlock.

Snowbreeze (PC) or PwnageTool (Mac) will do the trick nicely

Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    You're good to upgrade to 4.3.3 and keep the unlock. A CUSTOM FIRMWARE build and load is required to keep the unlock.

Snowbreeze (PC) or PwnageTool (Mac) will do the trick nicely

thank you Mes.

so since i am using windoes 7, i need to get snowbreeze and create a custom firmware?
    if i do this will i still need to go on cydia and download an unlocker? i think i had to download an unlocker from cydia before, but it has been a long time and i dont remember.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Note: verify you have SHSH blobs for 4.3.3 before you begin

Yes, ultrasn0w is required (via Cydia) for the unlock.