Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Hello I am looking for a few pointers on jailbreaking my Iphone

Default Hello I am looking for a few pointers on jailbreaking my Iphone
    OK so basically I am new here and was unsure how to navigate the site fully yet but I am pretty sure this is the correct location for this thread. Thats said I jsut have a few questions about jailbreaking my iphone.
    So I already have my Iphone jailbroken but it was done a longtime ago and I would like to update and perhaps do it again to be able to use some new apps and get up to date.

First off my Iphone is a 2G and it is currently version 3.1.2 (7D11) I am just trying to figure out what is needed to be done to get the most current firmware on my Iphone and then jailbreak it again. (if its even possible or even recommended)

I tried a few searches but I did not see anything on how to go about this on what to use and the steps to do so for my model and firmware to goto the newest firmware.

So any suggestions are much appreciated. If there are any other details you need to help me out please let me know, or if there is a guide I may have missed already a direction to this would be great also.

My iPhone is a Part of Me xtacy's Avatar
    Thanks

The firmware u r on Is teh farthest u can go to..
    Use this
    Spirit

3. The Following User Says Thank You to xtacy For This Useful Post:

leedog85 (2011-07-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

You don't need to do any upgrade as you final upgrade is 3.1.3 unless you need an app that requires 3.1.3.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

leedog85 (2011-07-19)

ok thanks, I was just wondering because I was just wanting to upgrade to the newest firmware I think its like 4.3 now.
    ok so I guess I cant do that. I think ill just stay at my 3.1.2

ONE other quick question I do kinda want to re-jailbreak it and start fresh again for I have many apps I no longer want anymore and the Iphone is kinda slow. So the 3.1.3 being the highest my 2G Iphone can go which software and way of doing this would you suggest? Coming from an already jailbroken Iphone?
    and will the method that you offer for going to 3.1.3 (my highest I can go) will that also allow me to unlock the Iphone also?
    Thanks again its really appreciated.

My iPhone is a Part of Me xtacy's Avatar
    Thanks

Code:
    http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite.net/content.info.apple.com/iPhone/061-7481.20100202.4orot/iPhone1,1_3.1.3_7E18_Restore.ipsw
    Download that. It's firmware 3.1.3 for ur phone...

Shift +restore in iTunes .

Download spirit from link I gave .

8. The Following User Says Thank You to xtacy For This Useful Post:

leedog85 (2011-07-19)