Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Memory problem

Lightbulb Memory problem
    Brand new here but have lurked when looking for ideas on the jailbreaking scene.

I had my phone (3GS on 4.3.1) jailbroken using redsn0w but was curious to use jailbreakme.com and as im jailbreaking a friends phone i though id see how easy it was using mine.

I downloaded pkgbackup, backed up all my stuff to dropbox and did a DFU restore using tinyumbrella to stay on 4.3.1. All has gone fine and dandy, rejailbroke using jailbreakme and restored everything that was backed up on pkgbackup. 99 installs in total.

This is were ive found a problem, since ive restored everything it keeps showing my storage memory as low. Ive not had any alerts but its just showing 6mb left even though ive gotten rid of a few tweaks/apps, including deleting pkgbackup, dreamboard and a dreamboard theme. Regardless of these being deleted, the value hasn't changed.

Sorry about dragging it out but does anyone have any ideas?

Cheers

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Could be various possibilities. Pkgbackup or the jailbreak itself maybe. The best I can suggest is to attempt a restore and rejb and see if the problem still exists.

Ok cheers, I'll have to try the jailbreak again when I get chance.