Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Severe Delay with iPhone 4

Default Severe Delay with iPhone 4
    Pressing the home button seems to be an issue as if my request is being ignored. I can attempt to press it over and over and nothing happens. If I press th lock (top) button, then press the home button, it then seems to work.

Installing apps though iTunes: When pressing the INSTALL or the UPDATE button, it greys out as though it its going to do it but then it doesn't ask for a password. It stays stuck on the buttons being greyed out but nothing. I must restart the phone and try it again for it to ask for a password to being updating/installing. Sometimes I must attempt this multiple times to get this to work.

I have deleted lots of apps as well as photos and it still drags. I can't seem to figure out the issue.

All together, my phone is omg super slow and I have just been dealing with it. I am very new on the depth of the iPhone beyond the surface.

My iPhone
    Version 4.2.1
    Carrier AT&T
    Modem Firmware 03.10.01

***So if you could possibly provide assistance in layman's terms for me if you will, that would be great! I am still trying to learn about tiny umbrella/shsh blobs, etc.***

Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by Ms Lola Bunny; 2011-07-16 at 04:50 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Restore and set up as new in iTunes.

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Restore and set up as new in iTunes.
    Ok, I can do that as I have done that before, but won't I lose everything considering that I won't be able to update to 4.3 and have it jailbroken? Also, I won't be able to back up my iPhone because the issue will be reinstalled with it, correct?

Do you have an idea about the source of the issue? I just don't want to have to go through this again - this will be my 2nd time restoring in less than a year. I'd like to avoid recreating this problem if at all possible.

Thanks for the quick response!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Uninstall the latest (or 2, or 3) Cydia apps/tweaks, reboot and try it again.

My iPhone is a Part of Me xtacy's Avatar
    Thanks

Do not update through ITunes
    First of download ifaith and save shsh blobs using it.
    U will have to save 4.3.3 blobs too .
    If you update it will take u to 4.3.4 and u will b stuck
    Then restore to 4.2.1/4.3.3 and jb :-)
    U will also need to edit hosts file if u restoring to 4.2.1.