Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Upgrading to iPhone 4 from Jailbroken 3G

Default Upgrading to iPhone 4 from Jailbroken 3G
    I will be upgrading to an iPhone 4 on friday, and would like to keep it not-jailbroken. Will it be safe to back-up my 3G then load everything onto my iPhone 4, or should I not do this?

What is the best way to go about the process?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

Did you jailbreak the 3G? If so then it is best to setup as new because you don't want the little pieces to carry over.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Yeah, I jailbroke the 3G.
    answers my question. Was hoping not to have to start over on some games. But oh well.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Normally it shouldn't cause any problems, however like Cer0 said it is highly recommended to just not do it. Having jb residue carrying over sometimes can create problems but usually only occurs if an existing problem already was present.

In my personal opinion, I'd say it's okay to restore from the backup (I would only do this if I had some vitally important things that I can't afford to lose though), if you don't mind restoring in case something doesn't turn out right. I mean after all, it's a new phone, if the restore from back up doesn't work out, just restore it back to normal and set up as new.