Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HELP!!! Trying to Preserve 01.59.00 baseband and stuck now!!!!

Default HELP!!! Trying to Preserve 01.59.00 baseband and stuck now!!!!
    Hi there. A little help would be appreciated. I have been running this unlocked iphone 4 with baseband 01.59.00 for the last 9 months with Tmobile. I just switched to AT&T today and wanted to upgrade to firmware 4.3.3 and preserve the baseband at the same time, in case I sell the phone in the next couple months.

I followed an OLD youtube video which stated that I needed to run tiny umbrella server, shift/restore by directing Itunes to 4.3.3 saved to my desktop, then kick out of recovery mode with Fixrecovery. Well, I cant get it out of recovery mode now. Its pretty much stuck. I can legitimately upgrade to 4.3.3, but then my baseband is lost. I save shsh on cydia a long time ago, and saved shsh blob on Tiny umbrella just before this mess.

Phone shows connect to itunes

What should I do? It's not the end of the world if I have to get 4.3.3 and lose my baseband, but it kills the $premium that phone had.

Thanks guys.

Use sn0wbreeze from iH8sn0w.com | Jailbreak your iPod touches and iPhones and grab a 4.3.3 firmware from Firmware - Downloads - ModMyi Forums make a custom firmware and restore to that
    Quote Originally Posted by ikesmasher View Post
    that was officially the scariest thing you have ever said str4y.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho paco View Post
    Dude T.M.I

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Just like you had saved you shsh on a previous firmware, you had to do the same thing for the 4.3.3 firmware before you attempt to restore/update to that firmware. Try doing a soft reset by holding both the power button and the home button until the screen goes blank. If that is unsuccessful then you can always plug the device back in and try to get Tiny Umbrella to kick it out of recovery or use RecBoot (I have always had great success with recboot)

Once the device is out of recovery, either preserve it with TU or create a cfw using sn0wbreeze or pwnage tool

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ihappy For This Useful Post:

caseydc (2011-07-14)

I had similar problem couldn't kick it out of recovery all I did was switched it off ran redsn0w put it into dfu and voila redsn0w jailbroke it kicked it out of recovery and hacktivated all in one go!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Tazz229 For This Useful Post:

caseydc (2011-07-14)

Nvm sorry

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Stray For This Useful Post:

caseydc (2011-07-14)

Thanks for the help guys. Rebuilt IPSW with Snowbreeze, and now on 4.3.3 with 01.59.00 preserved. Much thanks...

My buddy wasnt kidding about the reception indicator (antenna icon). Had full bars before, and now show just one, haha

No problem

Wait one more question.... What is really going on with the antenna and this firmware. Now all of a sudden it says NO SERVICE, and Ive never had that ever here. Its always full bars. Now the highest I have seen is 1 bar and sometimes 0.

Is the reception actually there, but just a glitch that shows less, or did this FW just kill the ability to use this as a phone now?

If need be, how can I roll back to 4.1, or is there a fix for this reception/antenna indicator?

Its just a cosmetic glitch. Install ultrasn0w and you should be fine.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Stray For This Useful Post:

caseydc (2011-07-14)

Quote Originally Posted by Str4y View Post
    Its just a cosmetic glitch. Install ultrasn0w and you should be fine.
    Wow!!! Ultrasn0w installed and now show full bars. You are the MAN!

Haha no problem
    Quote Originally Posted by ikesmasher View Post
    that was officially the scariest thing you have ever said str4y.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho paco View Post
    Dude T.M.I