Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: horrible battery life on vzw 4.2.8 post jailbreak

Default horrible battery life on vzw 4.2.8 post jailbreak
    I have a question, I recently jailbroke my Verizon iPhone running 4.2.8 using jailbreakme.com. I fully charged my battery when I went to bed, and I woke up with it at 69%. I noticed that under the usage menu, the actual usage and standby times were the same, indicating that something is going on even when the phone is locked. I have used the phone only for a few minutes today, and it is currently down to 33%, and it is diminishing by the hour.

I have only installed a few apps through Cydia: the revi-krs theme, iFile, five icon dock, and Gridlock.

I am suspecting it may be the theme due to the weather widget (which ive set to update every two hours,) but it shouldn't be this bad. I've done my research, but I just want to see if anyone has any suggestions.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

It's likely the jailbreak. Did you use the new update that was just released for jailbreakme? Restore and do it again. If you keep having that issue then settle with jailbreaking with Redsn0w.

I jailbroke it using jailbreakme 3.0 a day or two after comex released it. Has he updated it since to resolve bugs?

I just took my Verizon IP4 back today and decided to stick with my AT&T until the 4S comes out. I can tell you that I had a similar problem on one of my jealbreaks in the past. It plagued me for about 2 months.

If I were you I would use snowbreeze to rebuild 4.2.8 and then restore w that ipsw. That's how I jb my verizon iphone, and although battery life wasnt great, I would only lose about 3% overnight.
    Last edited by caseydc; 2011-07-14 at 08:33 AM.

3% overnight is fantastic compared to what i am getting. im losing 31% overnight.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

The revised version of Jailbreakme 3.0 has already been released but the only problem is that you have to restore again before applying this jailbreak.

awesome, thanks. im planning on doing that tonight, restore from the latest backup on iTunes right?