Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: possible to activate iphone 3gs 4.3.3 without simcard?

Default possible to activate iphone 3gs 4.3.3 without simcard?
    is this possible? i got told that you can use redsn0w dactivate option but it has not worked.

any ideas?
    Question?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Yes, you can hactivate 4.3.3 with Redsn0w or custom firmware . What version of redsn0w did you use ?

the rc16 version but it didnt work, i clicked deactivate only and it still says insert sim card.

which version should i use?
    Question?

Thanks

You can hacktivate the iPhone. I don't use redsn0w to Jailbreak my iPhone, but download sn0wbreeze [Windows] or pwnageTool [mac] from there you can create a Custom Firmware and will give you the option to "Hacktivate the iPhone" meaning that, you don't need a official SIM to activate It.

However, If you decide to use this as a phone, make sure your baseband is 04.26.08, 05.11.07, 05.12.01, 05.13.04. That is If you want to use a different carrier than the official one. When you use sn0wbreeze or redsn0w, you will be given the option to preserve the baseband.
    Twitter | @infinitypark003
    YouTube Channel | Infinitypark003

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

You don't click on deactivate to activate the phone. Running Redsn0w, you would select "Cydia" and nothing else, then jailbreak the phone. This automatically hacktivates and allows access to your springboard.

The deactivate option is for you to use in conjunction with SAM (but I believe SAM has been upgraded now to not have to use Redsn0w anymore) which serves the purpose of "deactivating" the hacktivation done by Redsn0w. People use this to fix push notification and possibly battery drain issues.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Yeah , you want hactivate as you don't have an official sim.