Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone 3GS stuck on apple logo with spinning wheel, tried many ways already

Default iphone 3GS stuck on apple logo with spinning wheel, tried many ways already
    I have an iphone 3GS that stuck on apple logo with spinning wheel and will not boot past that screen. The phone is on 4.1 ios and ipad baseband. I tried iRecovery, recboot, tinyumbrella. I even tried to upgrade to 4.3.3 and downgrade back to 4.1 using custom firmware but still no luck. Is there anything else I can try? TIA

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Can I assume you've tried to get into recovery or DFU modes? DFU requires working Power and Home buttons.
    Letting the power drain completely may help kick it out when nothing else seems to work.

I can get into recovery mode (USB plug to itunes screen) or DFU mode fine. All phone button works. No matter what I tried to do, it will go back to the apple logo screen with spinning wheel. Tinyumbrella can identify the phone ios and baseband. Is there a quick way to drain the battery maybe full after all the time that I have it plugged to computer?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

What iTunes error?

no error, it just won't boot past the apple logo.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

So, when you tried to install 4.3.3 or 4.1 .... iTunes reported success but the iPhone still went to the Apple Logo? Is this the same "Connect to iTunes" / "Emergency Call screen" where it's waiting for activation?

Yes itunes reported success and said the device will boot in few seconds. It is booting up but it did not get pass the apple logo (in the middle of the screen). Itunes do recognize the phone, sync normally and I can see the serial number, ios version, memory capacity of the phone but the phone screen is always at the apple logo stage.

The phone could not get to the "connect to itunes/emergency calling screen"
    Last edited by dannyt; 2011-07-11 at 09:35 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

The following are suggestions , I have no idea what's going on?

Latest iTunes?
    After the iTunes load during the iPhone boot, unplug and see if anything changes.
    I'm surprised you can 'sync' (or do anything) before activation.

Mes, you will not believe this. I don't
    I decided to swap the working screen/lcd combo from my working 3GS and voila, I can see the spring board. The screen/lcd on the troubled 3GS make the phone stuck on apple logo with spinning wheel????? I don't believe it

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Wow Great News. A crazy problem / solution.
    Thanks for reporting back.