Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: "Upgrading to 4.0.2? Read This" - on Cydia front page ;^(...

Default "Upgrading to 4.0.2? Read This" - on Cydia front page ;^(...
    When I launch Cydia and the welcome page has a section that says "Upgrading to 4.0.2? Read This" it says to me that whoever Saurik has maintaining the site is a LAZY AZZ! This is a business, right? Rock was on top of that LIKE CLOCK WORK! Just sayin...

PS This coupled with Comex's new offering is sure to confuse all the n00bs (young and old) hitting Cydia for the first time. And where is that promised comment function anyways? One would think it could have easily ported over from Rock...

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

You did notice the "Jailbreak 4.0 Beta" sticky thread in this forum, right? Nobody keeps these things updated. Then they wonder by newbies have to ask the same questions over and over, when half of the information on the main page is outdated.

Wow if I didn't rely on these guys for their hard work I would wish for them all to quit sharing their work. That way ignorant a** twats like you would be shyt outta luck. All this whining & yet you guys do nothing about, an I'm guessing it's because you don't know Jack shyt about what it takes to create these programs.

Go jam an android up your a**. & shut the hell up

Calm yourself!! phatcamaro is it? And lets separate the Comex's and Saurik's of the world shall we? Comex, Geohotz, et al. do what they do for FREE and the statement above has nothing to do with them! Saurik on the other hand is a "business man" that at a point was flushed with enough cash to buy Rock and eliminate the competition (that some would argue had a better interface and was managed better). So as a businessman, that you know, makes money there is, well a responsibility to act like one and not treat it like some spare time college project!

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Let's not let this get out of hand. Just a friendly warning

P.S. I (and a couple other hard-working mods) try to keep stickies that I/we wrote updated when I/we have free time, which is pretty decently done but I'll keep what you said in mind and check out the other stickies that may be outdated. Thanks for your input!

iAnnie, thanks for your input. My statement/s is in no way a critique of this forum. MMi and its moderators do a yeoman's work when it comes to informing/educating the iphone masses. My critique is aimed squarely at Cydia and how it is being managed. Being around for a long time going back to the days of Icy and Rock gives me a unique perspective and point of comparison.

Rock when it existed not only had a better interface, it was less buggy and was maintained better. And guess what? It had a robust rating/commenting system. You know, that all important single point, mass feedback loop that lets a Developer know right away if there was something horribly wrong with a release/update? It also helped to protect users that would have inadvertently download said flawed release spearing them phone brick hart break and hours of iTunes restoring and re-jailbreaking.

It is my opinion that the purchase of Rock by J-Cydia (a business transaction by a businessman) was a mistake and we are left with a mini-monopoly with no motivation to innovate not even to the levels that Rock achieved let alone surpass them. Again, Cydia IS A BUSINESS and it is being run like a spare time college project, PERIOD!!

PS Many waited to see what Cydia would do with Rock and possibly adopting some of its polish. The answer at this point is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Hi Lohand, sorry I didn't specify. I actually didn't have a problem with anything you said, I was addressing the member who said some of our stickied threads are not kept updated. But I agree with you, Cydia does need some work. It's unfortunate to see nothing good came out of Rock when Cydia took over.

Thanks. Oh and one more thing. Hey "phatcamaro", didn’t it suck when the Camaro line went dormant for all those years? Well imagine if Tata Motors bought GM and killed Chevy (and the rest of the line) permanently only to be left with what could only be described as their scooter cars. Same thing...

My iPhone is a Part of Me xtacy's Avatar
    Thanks

@lohand
    I dont agree with tata motors thing u said. They do own Jlr now and they are not scooter cars. Tata has an awesome owner. Cydia has a piece of shiiiittt owner!!
    That guy doesn't even reply to emails . Dumb guy even threatened theme it ppl .., people involved with Cydia should read this .. Well won't make much difference anyways...

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I certainly didn't mean to imply that the mods here don't work hard, but you do have 12 sticky posts in this sub-sub-forum, several of which are outdated and one that hasn't been relevant since before the release of the 3G[s].

modmyi is a business also. While we can be thankful for the time the mods to put in, especially considering they are volunteers, that doesn't mean we shouldn't expect better from the site overall.

I wish someone could code an app that emulated the functionality of the old ROCK App store! Even if it didn't connect to any repos. Those that weren’t around the JB community when it existed would be astounded! Ladie and Gents new to JB’ing, once in a yester-year WE HAD “FLYING CARS!” Now we have Pacers, Gremlins and Matadors. In our Jail-Breaking alternate reality AMC bought Moller, Terrafugia & Jupiter II Saucer Werkz and grounded us all! Those that have been around for a while know what I am talking about. Rock Your Phone

PS So how about it Infini-Devs? Will you make the JB community fly again??

Come On! What are we talking about?
    http://modmyi.com/forums/ipad-news/7...ipad-pics.html

A stoneage boom dropped when J-Cydia bought Rock (with lots of lip service about improving Cydia to mirror some Rock features) and there isn't more outrage by long-timers? JB N00bs, click the link to find out what you missed out on and this aint even the half of it. Sayin...