Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Restore issue - iPad Baseband

Livin the iPhone Life Bluemoldycheeze88's Avatar
    Thanks

So I'm helping my friend get his MMS working on t-mobile but under messaging there was no MMS option. He was on 4.2.1 firmware with iPad baseband installed on a iPhone 3G. So I tried restoring the phone via iTunes I failed because of the iPad baseband. So I had to use a custom ipsw restore which has the iPad baseband.

Is there anyway I can restore his contacts.. I have a backup on my computer but because of custom ipsw I can't restore from a backup or set up as new.

Also if I downgrade the phone 3.1.2 is there anyway to use a backup file that has the contacts from 4.2.1 back up?
    Last edited by Bluemoldycheeze88; 2011-07-10 at 03:09 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bluemoldycheeze88 View Post
    ...Is there anyway I can restore his contacts.. I have a backup on my computer but because of custom ipsw I can't restore from a backup or set up as new.

Also if I downgrade the phone 3.1.2 is there anyway to use a backup file that has the contacts from 4.2.1 back up?
    A custom firmware has nothing to do with restoring from backups or setting up as new. If you're unable to do so, it's a different issue.

It's very unlikely a 4.x backup will work on a 3.x restore.

Search MMI. Not sure where but I have seen methods to extract files from an iTunes backup.

A 4.x backup will NOT work on a 3.x backup.
    Quote Originally Posted by ikesmasher View Post
    that was officially the scariest thing you have ever said str4y.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho paco View Post
    Dude T.M.I