Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Stuck in recovery mode nightmare

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by applaps View Post
    Hmmm

I opened black rain, put my phone into DFU mode, and it seems to have jailbroken it. I can open the phone now, it seems to be unlocked...

Strange now my home button doesnt seem to work at all, I have just put in a new home ribbon cable, I am convinced this is a software issue...

Also, no sim card I put in will get reception/make calls etc, even after I enter the password for the sim... any help?
    I have a feeling this recovery mode is all due to your replacement of Home button. It is possible this Home button together with the flex cable is faulty.

Quote Originally Posted by aerosolfaith View Post
    Hey, I happen have an iphone 3GS w/ipad baseband that is STUCK in restore mode as well and i get the same 1015 error when attempting restore (4.3.3) . I get your instructions and all however, I CANNOT get this freaking phone to turn off so i can put it in DFU mode, redsn0w's pwned DFU mode wont work because i cant even attempt to put the phone in DFU because it just keeps restarting before i can do anything. How do i put the phone in DFU with the recovery loop? Please help!
    Like Annie said, restore to custom firmware of 4.3.3, Make sure your hosts file is pointed towards Apple Server > TU > Advance Tab > Deselect : Set hosts file towards cydia > save > close it. Your error 1015 will be avoided this way.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2011-07-13 at 04:48 AM.

hello guys., im not yet sleeping until now... i got stuck on DFU Mode., this is what happened

earlier, i download snowbreeze 2.6 and a pair of firmware from apple 4.3.2, now.

1. i created a custom firmware following this tutorial - Jailbreak iOS 4.3.2 Untethered On Windows Using Sn0wbreeze 2.6 [Tutorial] | Redmond Pie

2. i also tried to download tiny umbrella and another seperate iREB the latest version so i can avoid those error messages SHSH is saved and my host file is also redirecting to cydia 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com

3. at first im having some errors., until i do a research and i able to eliminate them., the last error i got is error 37 but i did not see any exact solution for that until i download iREB and able to eliminate it

4. now the problem is., i was able to complete the restore of the custom firmware., but the problem is when i got the success message telling : your iphone has been restored to factory settings. and is restarting. please leave your phone connected. it will appear in the itunes window after it restarts UNTIL i wait for 10 seconds then still nothing happens.,

IT SEEMS my iphone is stuck on DFU mode so i did a research and tried downloading tiny umbrella fixrecovery 43 still no luck..,
    the phone still stucks after those many console messages., please can any body help me...

Thanks

Fix recovery will not kick out DfU mode. Are you trying to preserve your unlockable baseband ?

Go for 4.3.3, this is what you do :
    Make sure your hosts file points to Apple server, don't run tss server. You can point your hosts file by changing the option in TU.
    Create a custom firmware of 4.3.3 from Snowbreeze 2.7.3 and restore to it.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2011-07-13 at 09:49 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

phatneglo (2011-07-14)

Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    Fix recovery will not kick out DfU mode. Are you trying to preserve your unlockable baseband ?

Go for 4.3.3, this is what you do :
    Make sure your hosts file points to Apple server, don't run tss server. You can point your hosts file by changing the option in TU.
    Create a custom firmware of 4.3.3 from Snowbreeze 2.7.3 and restore to it.
    yes sir., im trying to preserve my baseband my iphone 4 is not factory unlock... i'll try that and lets see later thanks for the reply...

Thanks

Alternate Method for Iphone 4 to preserve baseband.
    Make sure your 4.3.3 shsh file is in TU.
    Make sure the hosts is pointed towards cydia server : TU > adv > Select : set hosts file to cydia upon exit, click apply.
    Start Tss Server > keep it running throughout the process.
    Run itunes : shift + Restore to stock 4.3.3 ipsw
    Error 1013 pops up
    Put your iphone into normal DfU mode : Iphone plug in > hold both button for 10 secs > release Power button but keep holding Home button until you hear a beep and the screen is black.
    Now download this file : Here
    Apply this fix
    Now you are at Emergency screen or Home Screen if you have the official sim
    Jailbreak it with either Redsn0w RC18 or Jailbreakme 3.0
    You are all set.
    Your baseband is also preserve at 1.59.00 if that is your bb before the restore.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

phatneglo (2011-07-14), raduga (2011-07-15)

iYeow, sir... i got that error 37 again when its almost finish restoring...

"The iPHone "iPHone" could not be restored. An unknown error occured (37)"

Thanks

Try changing another usb cable , make sure you have the latest itunes.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

phatneglo (2011-07-14)

i tried the restoration again thanks dude... thank you very much., i want to share how does it work for me if you guys got a trouble same like mine.

1. download SB 2.7 and IOS 4.3.3 official and TinyUmbrella Latest Version
    2. follow the steps on SB 2.7 and create a custom firmware
    3. Run TinyUmbrella save shsh, set hosts to cydia start server
    4. open itunes, and browse for the custom firmware.
    5. after restoration your phone will be in emergency mode (locked)
    6. download redsn0w RC18 do the steps, BROWSE FOR THE OFFICIAL FIRMWARE next do the steps on the screen
    7. now your phone will be rebooting and jail broken go to cydia install the ultrasn0w and run it to complete the unlock...

THanks again iYeow

Thanks

Glad you got it working

Oh! one more last thing, update cydia and install "PDF patcher 2" to close the PDF exploit from virus attack.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2011-07-14 at 07:29 AM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

phatneglo (2011-07-15)

ahh ok ok brads tnx

only one problem i got so far., the facetime..., i already active the Settings > Restriction to (yes) and making sure that facetime is on i toggle it on / off, and reset home page layout as well.. but still i cant make facetime work., its also NOT inside the General > Phone (no facetime toggle stuff...)

I'm assuming you have tried umbrella and RecBoot?

RecBoot kick boots it out differently I believe

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    I can 99% guarantee you that my instructions will work for you. You might not have jailbroken but somebody else did it for you, you can't have the 6.15.00 baseband without tinkering with Redsn0w or PwnageTool or Sn0wbreeze. Those tools are required to get the baseband you have now. With that baseband you can't possibly have a stock fw on 4.2.1 and up. Unless you have SHSHs for 4.1 or you can use iFaith (not clear if this can be done now considering it is in a boot loop and likely can't be recognized by softwares) to grab the SHSHs for 4.1 now.

I'm not going to confuse you with all these different options so I'm just going to tell you what I think you should do to get your phone working in the most efficient and easiest way.

1) Get Sn0wbreeze (if you're on PC, if on Mac get PwnageTool) from iH8Sn0w.com
    2) Get Redsn0w and a 4.3.3 ipsw to put into pwned dfu mode. I suggest redsn0w to do this bc it is the most reliable and consistent tool.
    3) Create a custom 4.3.3 firmware with Sn0wbreeze. I suggest creating your own bc downloading one that someone else created sometimes can give you corrupted firmware. It's better to use one you created yourself for your device.
    Thanks for getting me out of IFaith recovery hell mode.
    Worked like a charm.
    Registered just to give a BIG THANKS and to post a reply.
    Added this site to my bookmarks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by phatneglo View Post
    ahh ok ok brads tnx

only one problem i got so far., the facetime..., i already active the Settings > Restriction to (yes) and making sure that facetime is on i toggle it on / off, and reset home page layout as well.. but still i cant make facetime work., its also NOT inside the General > Phone (no facetime toggle stuff...)
    Go to Settings > Phone > FaceTime > ON/OFF, there isn't any Facetime under General

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by balding1 View Post
    Thanks for getting me out of IFaith recovery hell mode.
    Worked like a charm.
    Registered just to give a BIG THANKS and to post a reply.
    Added this site to my bookmarks
    Awesome glad you got it all worked out!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12