Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iTunes is not showing me 4.3.3 as an upgrade for my iphone

Default iTunes is not showing me 4.3.3 as an upgrade for my iphone
    I have a 3GS on 4.0.1 jailbroken. I want to upgrade to 4.3.3 and do jailbreakme 3.0. When I connect to iTunes it says to upgrade, but it gives me a lesser version than 4.3.3. (It's 4.2.1 or something).

Do I need to upgrade, then will itunes suggest 4.3.3 and upgrade again?

Can I somehow force iTunes to upgrade to 4.3.3? Thanks!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Are you using the latest version of iTunes? If yes, iTunes showing 4.2.1 as the upgrade is interesting ... because that (4.2.1) is the latest 3G (not 3GS) version.

Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    Are you using the latest version of iTunes? If yes, iTunes showing 4.2.1 as the upgrade is interesting ... because that (4.2.1) is the latest 3G (not 3GS) version.
    Yes, I am updated in iTunes, which is what made me so confused. I'd imagine that if I upgraded iTunes would then show me 4.3.3, but I'm not 100%. I wonder if there's a way to refresh that. If I upgrade it as it is, and it shows me my software is up to date, I can't take advantage of JBme 3.0, which would be frustrating, but I feel this is the best time to try and get to 4.3.3.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Are you signed in with your user name and is the computer authorized? Does sync'ing work w/o issues? How's the speed/reliability of your network/internet? What country? Any other iPhone problems?

Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    Are you signed in with your user name and is the computer authorized? Does sync'ing work w/o issues? How's the speed/reliability of your network/internet? What country? Any other iPhone problems?
    Thanks, I thought I was on the latest version of iTunes, but I wasn't. The update now shows 4.3.3.