Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ios 5

Default Ios 5
    I am a beginning developer with apple on the IOS 5 and the Mac apps and I had a question. I can update both my iPhone 4 and my iPad 2 with the new IOS 5 for the iPhone 4 and I have the mac OS loin already running on my macbook pro, if I update to IOS 5 can I still use jailbreak me on my iPhone 4?

You can jailbreak iOS 5 but 99.9% of the apps from Cydia dont work.

thanks i'ii wait.

Thanks

JailbreakMe does not work on ios 5, at the moment jailbreak for ios 5 is tethered using either sn0wbreeze for windows or redsn0w for Mac. Both of those tools are also in the beta process.

I do believe that jailbreak me doesn't work. but i think there is an untethered jailbreak ios 5.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

There is no intethered jailbreak for the iphone 4 on 5.0. The only 5.0 jailbreak that is untethered is the rare old bootloader for 3GS.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

I see that jailbreak me 3 is out for iPad 2 might try but wondering if I can use the same apps on it as the ones I paid for on my iPhone 4?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

Depends on the app. Some let you use it on any device on your account. But there are a few that are only able to use for that specific device. Sometimes you can ask the dev to transfer it to a new device but then that would make the i4 stop being able to use it.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post
    Depends on the app. Some let you use it on any device on your account. But there are a few that are only able to use for that specific device. Sometimes you can ask the dev to transfer it to a new device but then that would make the i4 stop being able to use it.
    ok thanks cer0 for the heads up and all. Now it's time to figure out why there is a slite freeze when I slide app window to app window now?