Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HELP: I Just Can't Jailbreak

Default HELP: I Just Can't Jailbreak
    iPhone 4 AT&T
    iTunes 10.5b43
    iMac 10.6.8 Intel Core 2 Duo

Ok, so originally I was at OFW 4.2.1, I upgraded to 10.5, UDID was registered, but could not activate my iPhone. Tried to redsn0w it to mod that plist file, but kept getting errors from redsn0w. I've tried both these versions: 6rc.16 and 8b1. Always hit an error during DFU mode. So editing that plist wasn't possible.

Downgraded to 4.3.3 and tried to jailbreak with those 2 versions of redsn0w and also tried pwnagetool_4.3.3.1. Still got those errors with redsn0w. Got an error during restore after pwnagetool.

I'm just not sure what I am doing wrong. Any help?

Geez, I don't even know how to spell HELP aha
    Last edited by OPTICS; 2011-07-05 at 11:37 PM.

Thanks

Are you trying to activate your phone for a developer OS beta (iOS 5.0 beta) or trying to activate it to make phone calls (bypass the emergency call screen)?

PS: Your title's fine, I don't see any problems with it.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

What errors exactly are iTunes and redsn0w giving to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Are you trying to activate your phone for a developer OS beta (iOS 5.0 beta) or trying to activate it to make phone calls (bypass the emergency call screen)?

PS: Your title's fine, I don't see any problems with it.
    Aha thanks for that edit. Well I'm trying to activate it to make phone calls. Pretty much just want early access.

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    What errors exactly are iTunes and redsn0w giving to you?
    Well iTunes kept giving me corrupted fw with pwnagetool.

redsn0w gave me several errors (1st two being most common):
    - During bootup I'd get unexpected error and a USB error. Tried different ports and dc other devices.
    - Several stuck white screens.
    - After the bootup with the white text scrolling, this only happened once, an error came up saying something like "giving up"

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

It is possible PT 4.3.3.1 gives you a corrupted file, I made a custom firmware from PT 4.3.3.1 through Vmware and when i restored it to iphone 4, i got the same message. Try PT 4.3.3 to create a cfw of 4.3.3.
    OR
    Restore to stock 4.3.3 and jailbreak it with Redsn0w RC17. Use a PC if your Mac gives you error.

Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    It is possible PT 4.3.3.1 gives you a corrupted file, I made a custom firmware from PT 4.3.3.1 through Vmware and when i restored it to iphone 4, i got the same message. Try PT 4.3.3 to create a cfw of 4.3.3.
    OR
    Restore to stock 4.3.3 and jailbreak it with Redsn0w RC17. Use a PC if your Mac gives you error.
    I tried the first one, still same error. Don't want to try redsn0w again.

I ended going to jailbreakme.com, I didn't think they were still around. As for not being able to activate with iOS5, I heard the reason was because of Apple being hacked.