Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak iPhone 4 4.2.1 now or later?

Default Jailbreak iPhone 4 4.2.1 now or later?
    Ok, so I've been out of the jailbreak scene or just about anything iPhone related for quite a long time. Anyways, I'm planning to jailbreak my phone again, but there are so many different programs to use now. I'm not quite sure which to use and wether or not I should do it now or wait.

My iPhone 4 is on 4.2.1 and the latest that iTunes is showing me is 4.3.3. Should I upgrade to that and jailbreak with a certain program (Mac user)? I heard iOS5 was coming out, should I just wait for that and then wait a few days or so till a jb is released?

i personally like 4.2.1 myself so i would just jailbreak that with greenpois0n, or if you want to go to 4.3.3 and rely on an unlock use a custom 4.3.3 firmware with pwnge tool for mac orsn0wbreeze for windows, or just update to 4.3.3 with a regular firmware and jailbreak with redsn0w 0.9.6rc17. ios5 wont be officially out until the fall, but you could get you udid registered and update to ios5 and do a tethered jailbreak.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to DevouredDreams For This Useful Post:

OPTICS (2011-07-05)

I'm gonna try that UDID first. Messaged another member about it, hopefully he has more slots left. If not, I'll just greenpois0n my 4.2.1. Thanks for the help!

Honestly. I had trouble with the jailbroken 4.2.1 FW. I'm not sure If it was just me. But it just seemed kinda buggy. I've been much happier with the jailbroken 4.3.3. Just my thoughts. And hey. Why not upgrade?
    XBL Gamertag: deltaywicker