Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is it possible to upgrade baseband (ip4) ?

Default Is it possible to upgrade baseband (ip4) ?
    Long story short I have iPhone 4 with BB 1.59.00 and I want to upgrade the baseband incrementally through 2.10.04, 3.10.01 and 4.10.01 until I reach a baseband that does not have the signal/data/WiFi issues with iOS 4.3.x.

I cannot do it though because everything I try preserves the baseband!!
    I have tried:
    Stock 4.2.1 with iTunes cydia hosts or TU = preserves 1.59.00
    Custom sn0wbreeze 4.2.1 with cydia hosts or TU = same

I think the only way to update baseband is to do an iTunes legit upgrade/restore which would put me at BB 4.10.01 but I did not really want to go all the way to that if possible.

Any methods or info about baseband updating/or signing or blocking would be great I cannot find much, just a lot of stuff about iPad 6.15.00.

I have lots of SHSH saved for 4.1 4.2.1 4.3.x etc.

Thanks.

Wait you want to LOSE the 1.59.00 baseband? WHy not just sell it and get a locked one?
    Quote Originally Posted by ikesmasher View Post
    that was officially the scariest thing you have ever said str4y.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho paco View Post
    Dude T.M.I

LOL I know it sounds crazy but I have tried to keep 1.59.00 for so long now just for resale value but the signal problems are making the phone almost unusable (Voice, Data & WiFi & Battery problems, with 4.2.1 they are fine) but I don't wanna stay on 4.2.1 (at which the problems do not exist with 1.59.00).

PLUS now I am probably not going to bother selling the phone becuase I dropped it and insurance company replaced screen but the colour is off (yellow, compared side to side with factory ip4). - it's been 5 months and it has not burnt away (yellow glue issue).
    PLUS my carrier (and others) o2 are supposedly FACTORY unlocking any contract phones (FOR FREE) which I did not know!!
    PLUS if I sell it I can buy a Gevey sim for like 2.. if it's that important.
    So I'd rather just have a working phone and get a new phone some day like iPhone 5 or Android.
    - I just wanna know about this baseband thing I can't figure it out.

Ok. Go into tinyumbrella and uncheck set hosts to cydia. Go into itunes and then click restore. Done. I just sent a pm
    Dude T.M.I

I know that method, that's to current baseband right.. Is there no way to goto other basebands like 2.10.04, 3.10.01?

Nope. :/
    Dude T.M.I

Damn, ok thanks a lot!

No problem
    Dude T.M.I