Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need Help 90% Complete downgrading From iOS 5.0 Beta 2 Just need some help

Ok i was able to get my iphone to restore to 4.2.8 but its in a recovery loop , before downgrading i was jailbroken with redsn0w for iOS 5.0 beta 2 after the restore i just got stuck and now im stuck in this loop and tried all the possible ways . Some one please help finish and let me show its possible to downgrade from iOS 5.0 beta 2 ..

Im using Verizon iPhone 4 , shsh Blob of 4.2.8

update, i get it to restore just now it says in itunes ---waiting for iphone--- for about 30 seconds than it says "We're Sorry, We are unable to continue your activation at this time"
    Last edited by Zaudko; 2011-07-02 at 05:05 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone GrandMasterB's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zaudko View Post
    Ok i was able to get my iphone to restore to 4.2.8 but its in a recovery loop , before downgrading i was jailbroken with redsn0w for iOS 5.0 beta 2 after the restore i just got stuck and now im stuck in this loop and tried all the possible ways . Some one please help finish and let me show its possible to downgrade from iOS 5.0 beta 2 ..

Im using Verizon iPhone 4 , shsh Blob of 4.2.8

update, i get it to restore just now it says in itunes ---waiting for iphone--- for about 30 seconds than it says "We're Sorry, We are unable to continue your activation at this time"
    Did you ever figure this out? I have restored to 4.2.8 myself using backed up blobs but iTunes cannot complete the activation. So close!!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

I think the possible reason is because of the difference in baseband, when you upgraded to IOS 5, you baseband has been upgraded, therefore, it doesn't match the baseband of 4.2.8.

iPhone? More like MyPhone GrandMasterB's Avatar
    Thanks

That's a bummer. I am kinda new to iPhone so I did not know that. I appreciate the answer. Since I have been able to restore to 4.2.9 and 4.2.10 after running IOS 5 I just assumed baseband wouldn't be a problem with 4.2.8. Thanks again for your response.