Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need Help

Default Need Help
    Hello all. I hope I am posting in the correct place. I have a question...first a little background. Lol. I had an iPhone 4 32gb and for financial reasons I had to sell it (sobs)....I tried to go to a Blackberry which I was able to get free with an upgrade but that didn't last a week and a friend of mine gave me an iPhone 3G that she wasn't using since she had also gone to the 4. I have tried jailbreaking this 3G phone more than 10 times...I have used blackra1n, redsn0w, greenpois0n and several others I can't think of right now. The first time I jailbroke it went fine but my screen was "flickering". So I read online I needed to restore and do it again. Since I've restored I can't jailbreak again...it either stops in the middle of the jailbreak and my computer tells me "the program has stopped working" or with greenpois0n I will get a "try again" message. I even tried the jailbreakme.com website but it doesn't seem to be working. I'm pretty much depending on step by step walkthroughs to get me through the jailbreaking but even as I'm typing this I'm having to restore my phone "again" because I just can't get i to work. My question is (sorry so long and drawn out) ... Is my phone "unjailbreakable"?? I would appreciate any tips or advice. My phone is an iPhone 3G as I said above with an OS of 4.2.1. Thanks again!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Restore to the latest again which is 4.2.1 and jailbreak it with Redsn0w RC8

Put redsn0w RC8 in xp2 compatibility mode.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2011-06-29 at 10:48 PM.

I have googled for Redsn0w RC8 and every link I find for the download says "page not available". I'm still searching. Thank you for your help.

Thanks

Hold on , I will give it to you

Here is the Link to Redsn0w RC8
    Last edited by iYeow; 2011-06-29 at 11:09 PM.

Thank you so much

One more question..LOL..how do I put it in xp2 compatibility mode?
    Last edited by KeliBellz; 2011-06-29 at 11:15 PM.

Thanks

Highlight redsn0w.exe, right click > select > properties > select compatibility > scroll to xp2 and click apply.

It worked!! Ty so much! I'm so excited And my screen isn't flickering.

Thanks

Good, glad you got it working.