Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Newb wants to Jailbreak original iPhone

Default Newb wants to Jailbreak original iPhone
    I've never jailbroken an Apple device but a friend of mine is giving me an original iPhone to mess with. Here's the deal - he plugged it into iTunes and updated it to whatever version Apple offered (oops?). There is no sim card in the iPhone so now he says it is locked in the pre-activation screen. I don't have the phone yet, I'll get my hands on it tonight.
    I've googled around and I can't find much about the original iPhone specifically so I'm really just looking for any hints or tips.
    I don't want to make phone calls with this phone. I'm really just interested in wifi browsing and reading rss feeds, etc.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

The original or 2G iPhone is easy to jb and unlock. I wanted to send a tutorial link from iClarified.Com but it's down at the moment. When the site is back up, search there for 2G jailbreak unlock. It's really a piece of cake ... but the best tool Pwnage only works on a Mac.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mes For This Useful Post:

cainram (2011-06-28)

Thanks! If anyone else wants to weigh in I'll keep checking back.

Thanks again!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Here's a link that Mes was talking about. Its to help with the jailbreaking of a 2g using QuickPwn for Windows.

iClarified - iPhone - How to Unlock/Jailbreak Your 2.x.x 2G iPhone Using QuickPwn (Windows)