Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Redsn0w Jailbreak with wrong firmware - stuck on apple logo

Default Redsn0w Jailbreak with wrong firmware - stuck on apple logo
    How do I correct an attempted jailbreak with the wrong firmware. I am now stuck on the apple logo. I have tried to correct in restore mode with a custom firmware but it says it isn't compatible. Tried pwnage to create my own firmware but it said iTunes couldn't contact apple servers. Help!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

What firmware were you trying to restore and what baseband are you on??

I was jailbroken/unlocked on 4.0.2 with baseband of 5.13.04. I wanted to go to 4.3.3 and mistakenly took that firmware and using redsn0w ran a jailbreak, not realizing until I started that it was trying to jailbreak the existing firmware and not updating. I didn't do the original jailbreak

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Do you know what SHSH you have? Also what device is it?

I don't know what shsh. iphone 3GS. When I created a custom firmware and tried to use it to restore, I got a message:

iPhone cannot be restored at this time because the iphone update server cannot be contacted or is temporarily unanavailable.

Thanks

Sounds like you either do not have internet or something is wrong with the hosts file on your computer.

I was reading about host files online but I didn't really follow that. I tried to use terminal in the mac to change it but couldn't figure out how to save the changes. It isn't an internet problem.

Thanks

Try using tiny umbrella. Open it, click advanced. Deselect the box that says "set hosts to cydia on exit" then click apply. Close tiny umbrella and try the restore to the custom 4.3.3 again.

I'll try that and let you know.

If I am currently using on ATT but it is unlocked to I want activated or unactivated when I create my custom firmware?