Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Transfer Jailbroken iPhone to New Computer

Default Transfer Jailbroken iPhone to New Computer
    I have a recently acquired Jailbroken and Unlocked iPhone 3GS, Version 4.3.3 (8J2), that is synced with a computer I do not have access to. I'd like to sync it to a MacBook that I have, but can't afford to lose the jailbreak / unlock.

Any suggestions on how to do this? Thanks for any advice.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Syncing your iphone with another computer will not make you lose your jailbreak nor unlock. When you sync with itunes, make sure you select Merge when the message pops up, otherwise you will lose your contacts, music on your ipholne will not be transfered if not purchased from itunes. You have to authorize your computer so that all your purchases will be downloaded onto your iphone and itunes.

Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    Syncing your iphone with another computer will not make you lose your jailbreak nor unlock. When you sync with itunes, make sure you select Merge when the message pops up, otherwise you will lose your contacts, music on your ipholne will not be transfered if not purchased from itunes. You have to authorize your computer so that all your purchases will be downloaded onto your iphone and itunes.
    So when it pops up a message saying it's synced with another iTunes library and asking whether to "Cancel" or "Erase and Sync", I'm free to say Erase and Sync and keep the jailbreak / unlock? Thanks for the quick reply.