Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3GS ha NO SIGNAL issue after 4.3.3 jailbreak - 06.15.00 baseband..... Solution anybody?

Exclamation 3GS ha NO SIGNAL issue after 4.3.3 jailbreak - 06.15.00 baseband..... Solution anybody?
    So.......

After having my Iphone 4 stolen (no insurance), I decided to take the cheaper option and buying a second hand 3GS from Ebay. The 3GS is in excellent condition but was locked on a orange network. I'm on o2 but not really a problem....... So I thought!

JAILBREAK!!!
    So I used Pwnage tool to create a custom firmware of 4.3.3 and loaded it onto my phone using itunes. (All good so far)

I installed Ultrasn0w only to find out that the baseband wasn't unlockable.

Using Redsn0w I changed the baseband to 06.15.00

After the reboot the phone displayed o2 logo and 3G... but the signal was no bars. As it displays 3G, the internet works fine and also connects to Wifi with no problems

I have tried everything I can think of the fix this:
    [LIST][*]Reboot [*]different sims[*]re-flashing the baseband[*]re-jailbreaking[*]Downgrading firmware[*]turning off 3G[*]turning off location services[*]turning on and off flight mode[*]finding the ultrasnow fix (not on any servers anymore)
    [LIST]

I have searched forum after forum and found some advice but nothing has fixed this issue. I'ts doing my head in now!

If anybody can shed some light on this situation I would really appreciate your help and I could return the favour in the form of a virtual beer.....

Thanks peeps

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

There have been signal issues supposedly with mismatch fws and basebands with 4.3. Since it is on 6.15 bb you can only restore/update to cfws, therefore you should proceed to restore it with a cfw (preferably 4.2.1 since it is more reliable IMO) and then install ultrasn0w through cydia.

OR

You could always call up O2 and request a factory unlock from them.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

+1. Completely agree. I too heard O2 does factory unlocking for customers.