Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 3gs ipad baseband power button stop working and cant go in dfu mode...

Default Iphone 3gs ipad baseband power button stop working and cant go in dfu mode...
    I wanted to unlock my iphone 3gs. Due to my baseband version I had no choice to update it to the ipad baseband: everything was ok. After 2 days I realize that the power button of my iphone wont work anymore... I tried to restore the Iphone. Since I did that, I'm stuck: Itunes logo and the cable with an arrow (recovery mode I think..) Now I can't use redsnOw to reinstall ipsw because I cant go in DFU mode cause of my power button issue...
    Any solution here?

(sorry i'm french, it may sound confusing...)

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

You're absolutely sure the power button is broken? While the phone is on, hold power and home button and see if the phone shuts off. If it does your power button is fine, let me know and we can go from there.

Well.... I unplugged the phone from the computer I push both button and after 30 seconds the recovery mode icon disappear and the screen went black... Im not sure the power button is still working maybe it's because i unplug it from the computer...

Thanks

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

You need to get it in pwned dfu mode bc you installed the iPad bb on it. It might be hard to do bc it's stuck in recovery mode. Download iReb and see if it will recognize your phone.

I tried Ireb and the soft didnt recognize my iphone. Now the battery of my phone is totally drain. I charge it a bit and it's now impossible to turn it on: the power button seem to be really dead.. Weird, only after the baseband upgrade to the ipad one..