Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak and unlock 4.3.3 by using Windows PC

My iPhone is a Part of Me vietkool's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Jailbreak and unlock 4.3.3 by using Windows PC
    Hi there,

I am using Mac pc with the pwnage tool to jb and unlock my iphone (base band 01.59.00). it works fine for few days then suddenly battery drain so fast. from 8 o'clock to 1, battery drained nearly 40% with standby. During the whole time I did not add or install any new apps at all.
    I google a notice that Redsn0wrc15 + may fix the battery problem. I'd like to restore and jb then unlock again with windows instead Mac.
    anyone please guide me how to use windows to jb without changing baseband.
    I did download:
    Redsn0w_win_0.9.6rc18
    iPhone3,1_4.3.3_8J2_Restore.ipsw
    Tiny Umbrella
    Isn0wbreeze 2.7.3
    And created a custom 4.3.3.ipsw, question is if I use itunes to restore this custom file, does the phone still can be unlocked or not? does it upgrade my baseband ? I haven't done jb and unlock using windows pc so I need abit info. before doing it

thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

As long as you restore to custom fw, you will still be unlocked if you still have the unlockable baseband. Restoring to custom firmware makes your iphone already jailbroken, so you don't need redsn0w to jailbreak again. If this make sense to you.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

I'm inclined to say that regardless of what jailbreak method you use, a restore by itself can alleviate any battery drain issue. If you're hacktivating actually, that could be the cause so regardless of what tool you use it'll have an effect.

You'd probably want to look into using SAM after you jailbreak to fix the issue.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vietkool's Avatar
    Thanks

I have an ATT SIM to activate. So I can create a custom file w/o check mark the hacktivate option in sn0wbreeze rite?

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Yep you should create a custom firmware that is not activated to restore to. After the restore you can activate your phone in iTunes with the AT&T SIM