Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [NEED HELP !!!] Restoring Verizon IPHONE 4.2.6 !!!!!

Post [NEED HELP !!!] Restoring Verizon IPHONE 4.2.6 !!!!!
    Ok Hello everyone whose reading this, I really need some help, I followed some guys video and i wanted to restore my Verizon iphone to its current version 4.2.6 I just wanted to start all fresh and re jailbreak wth green poison so I tried I backed up my SSH and then used the downgrading method and once i did all the steps i used my 4.2.6 ipsw and did the steps and used shift to restore it and use the file and it Verifying and restoring and it went up to 75% Until I came across This error Thats been killing me The Iphone could not be not be restored. An unknown error occurred (1013) So, the guy in the video said if you get this error use a tool called RecBoot so I pressed Exit recovery mode and it said your device is now being kicked out of recovery mode. And Now It Didnt do anything all it does now is just Turn On my iphone connect and then go off and then connect and then go off but when i unplug it and plug it back in about 2 mins later it shows the Itunes logo and the sync cable so i plug it back in and just press restore and update and it gives me the same old error An unknown error occurred (1013) ! SO Please help me I will appreciate it.

When I press the Restore button it will go half way and give the error An unknown error occurred (1013)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Run tiny umbrealla, deselect : set hosts file to cydia and restore to stock fw of 4.3.3 again .

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

It's a Verizon iPhone Can't go to 4.3.3.

If you're wanting to keep 4.2.6, you'll need SHSHs. If you just now saved them you won't have 4.2.6. You'll need to check to see if you have them. If not, head over to iH8Sn0w.com and use iFaith.

Here's a guide for you:

Guide: How to Save SHSH Blobs Using iFaith on iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad [Download] ~ iTech Vision

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Oops, i have been dealing with GSM all these time and typing 4.3.3 all the time, LMAO. Yeah 4.2.6 is the highest but the main thing is to point to apple server for verification.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

I think you're panicking iYeow 4.2.8 is the highest.

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    I think you're panicking iYeow 4.2.8 is the highest.
    All i want to do is just be on 4.2.6 from a fresh start.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

You need to have SHSHs available to get 4.2.6. 1013 usually indicates your restore was successful to a particular fw version you chose to restore to. The device is just stuck in recovery mode. Do you know if your phone is still on 4.2.6 or has it been upgraded past that?

If it is still on 4.2.6 then you should look into using iFaith.