Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need help on restore

Default Need help on restore
    I have literally been searching for a solution for at least an hour. I have a jailbroken iphone (iPhone 3GS; iOS 4.0.1) but I want to restore it to factory settings.

The first thing I did was download the factory iOS that I wanted (in this case it was iOS 4.0.1). I press shift+restore on iTunes and it seemed to be going well until I received "Error 3194". I Google'd on how to fix it, applied the fix (which was to change the hosts file) and it still didn't work.

I then tried jailbreaking again via redsn0w but it could not verify the iOS. I tried the earlier versions of redsn0w as well as the latest one.

I tried ultrasn0w but this time I got an "Error 1600" message, Google'd it, and someone said to use iReb. Tried that, failed.

Now I'm lost. What to do?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks

the first thing you will need to do is download tinyumbrella and verify that you have shsh's for 4.0.1, without them there is nothing you can do to restore to 4.0.1, i believe iH8sn0w has an app that will pull shsh's for the current version the phone is running even if apple isn't signing that firmware anymore, it's call iFaith. once you have your shsh's for 4.0.1 saved on your computer then use tinyumbrella to restore by using the TSS server

3. The Following User Says Thank You to j3st3r For This Useful Post:

Christopho (2011-06-21)

Thanks so much man, it worked; then I just applied another one of your guys' guide on updating to 4.3.3.

What I did:

I Started up iFaith to extract a SSH blob, turned that into a .ipsw, restored it through iTunes. You will then get an invalid sim card and the "connect to iTunes" symbol/image. From there, you can do w/e you want to jailbreak. What I did is use sn0wbreeze to get a 4.3.3, turn it into a custom .ipsw (this way the baseband wont update), then i used redsn0w to turn it into a pwn'd DFU state. From there, i went back into iTunes and then i restored it using the custom .ipsw i got from sn0wbreeze. I am now at 4.3.3 with 05.13.04 baseband. Factory condition and jailbroken. About to be unlocked.

Thanks

glad it worked out for you