Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 2G 03.14.08_G / 1.0.2 (1C28) - General Questions

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default iPhone 2G 03.14.08_G / 1.0.2 (1C28) - General Questions
    I bought this iPhone 2G

Modem Firmware 03.14.08 / Version 1.0.2 (1C28) from a lady who never used it, so it's essentially brand new.

The OS software is REALLY different... Is this because it's just never been upgraded? Or is this a knock off... It looks authentic. I just wanted to confirm this is authentic before I mess with it any.

It has the box for AT&T and looks exactly like a normal iPhone so I assume it is real.

Is there a "good" way to upgrade / unlock this iPhone without messing it up with everything being so old on it, if it is indeed authentic?

Thanks, any advice / knowledge regarding this interesting phone is greatly appreciated!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Wow, it is a collectible item , lol. Yes, it is real apple iphone 2g. Maybe you want to keep this iphone in original state and after 40 years, i might be worth alot..lol.
    I once had this when the first generation of iphone came out. You can follow this guide to update to 3.1.3
    Here is the GUIDE

Thanks

haha that is good to know... the OS completely threw me off, it's really odd to use. But it is indeed unlocked and everything, not sure how there is no cydia or anything.

Is there a way to downgrade iPhone 2G's to the state this iPhone is currently in?

Thanks

Yes, you can be it is gonna be difficult to do so. There are some 3 years old guide that you can play with 1.0.2. Pretty intense way of jailbreaking. Today we have Winterboard, those days it was called Summerboard...haha

5. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

Scmed27 (2011-06-20)

Thanks

haha, that is really neat. Thank you for the info!! I may just keep it in it's current pristine state for the future.

Thanks

Yeah, i would just keep it and if you are 20 years old, in 40 years , you will be 60 years old. Bring it out show it to your grandchildren or even put it on Auction for collectibles items... Might be worth US 5,000.00

Thanks

Thanks

But once in awhile when the battery dies down, charge it up every three months so that your battery lasts longer.

Wow, I like that image...LMAO

Thanks

Funny you wrote that... I was just going to ask, how can I preserve the battery... hahah. So charge it up, and then let it die? About every 3 months?

Thanks

In Asia where the climate is always humid all year round, anything that is kept too long will breakdown. So you are good in the states.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

If you're going to keep it as a collectable, also place in in a plastic bag with one of those small moisture packs, like the ones found in disk-drive anti-static bags.

iYeow .. I've read the best long-term battery storage capacity is around 60% or so. Thoughts?
    Last edited by Mes; 2011-06-20 at 02:28 PM. Reason: remove opinion

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    If you're going to keep it as a collectable, also place in in a plastic bag with one of those small moisture packs, like the ones found in disk-drive anti-static bags.

iYeow .. I've read the best long-term battery storage capacity is around 60% or so. Thoughts?

Personally, I wouldn't charge it up then let it die. I would charge it up, then turn it off
    Shiitake mushrooms, how can anyone feasibly keep an iPhone on iOS 1.0.x? The lack of functionality (even official-only functionality) would drive me NUTS!

--Anyway; I'd opt for discharging the battery then removing it from the device, but if you're going collector's item; you may not want to open the case if it's pristine and unopened. Otherwise, I'd go for the "discharge fully and leave it" route.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Test data confirms that storage of lithium-ion batteries is best if the cell is partially discharged. In one test by Cadex Electronics, after 1 year storage at 25C the non-recoverable capacity remaining is 96% when stored at 40% initial charge level, but only 80% if stored with 100% initial charge level. This effect is reduced at lower temperature and is a non-issue at 0C. At higher temperatures the effect is much worse. Recommendations are to store below 15 C at 40% of full charge.

Caring for Your Batteries from Birth to Retirement
    Batteries in a Portable World. A handbook on rechargeable batteries for non-engineers