Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: jailbreak itouch 4g 4.3.1

Default jailbreak itouch 4g 4.3.1
    Hi

my brother just bought a new itouch 4g that comes with stock 4.3.1

im looking way to jailbreak it untethered ...

ive read about redsn0w but the link provided by most webs including the dev-team blog is not working...

and is there any easy way to just directly jailbreak it without have to modified stock ipsw and shift+restore just like snowbreeze? i want direct jailbreak since theyre still new just like last time ( i hope im making sense here ) please help... appreciate much!!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Download stock ipod touch 4g 4.3.3 firmware and download Snowbreeze 2.7.3 , create a custom fw of 4.3.3 and restore to it thru itunes of version 10 or latest.

Is there other way than restoring? Cause the internet here quite slow downloading the fw can take up to 12 hours..so i was saying if there is direct jailbreak without restoring so i dont have to download the fw,but if that is the only possible way then i will wait for the download to finish,please reply

Thanks

If you just want to jailbreak 4.3.1, you still need a firmware to browse to when using redsn0w to jailbreak, So you might as well go for the latest firmware of 4.3.3

oh great thanks for the suggestion.. is the 4.3.3 and its untethred jailbreak perfect already? im sorry its been a while i didnt update on jailbreak news since my last jailbreak is on 4.2.1 after that i rarely updates... so guide me on this.. Thanks a bunch iYeow

Thanks

Yes , 4.3.3 is already untethered jailbreak. Restore to stock 4.3.3 and jailbreak it with Redsn0w RC17, just follow the instruction.