Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: can i re-jailbreak with 06.15.00 bb?

Default can i re-jailbreak with 06.15.00 bb?
    i had a 3gs (old bootrom) running 4.2.1 and unlockable ipad baseband 06.15.00. i was able to run the thing on tmobile and it worked perfectly except for one thing: wifi. no matter the proximity to wireless router, network settings reset on iphone, or router reset, i couldnt pick up a signal. i had to do a wifi-less install of ultrasn0w in order to get my SIM to work.

finally frustrated with my lack of apps, i reset and used tinyumbrella to kick my phone out of DFU to install 4.1 firmware and keeping my 06.15.00 baseband. now im back to the locked screen and it seems that no matter what i try, i cannot jailbreak the thing again. ive tried using redsn0w to rejailbreak it on 4.2.1, but im stuck at the "waiting for reboot" part and cant kick the iphone into the part where all the text starts scrolling up on the screen and it jailbreaks my phone. ive tried clicking the 'install cydia' option and the 'just boot tethered' option in redsn0w. i know that there was a redsn0w warning about having 06.15.00, but does this mean im totally screwed? is there no way to jailbreak this thing again? can anyone offer any insight? thanks!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

What version are you at now ?

4.1 firmware and 06.15.00 bb

Thanks

Did you use Redsn0w RC6 to jailbreak ? Make sure you set it to xp2 compatibility mode.

OR you can restore to custom firmware of 4.1 (Snowbreeze 2.1) or 4.2.1 ( Snowbreeze 2.2.1) or 4.3.3 (Snowbreeze 2.7.3) by snowbreeze from here
    Last edited by iYeow; 2011-06-19 at 07:03 AM.

ill give that a try. im worried ill get stuck on the reboot because i think my iphone has trouble booting out of DFU

Thanks

OK, try the 4.3.3 custom firmware from Snowbreeze and make sure you point your hosts file to apple server.

ive never done that before (point hosts file to apple server). how do i go about doing that?

Thanks

Run tiny umbrella > advance option > uncheck : set hosts file to cydia

ah i see. so run both tinyumbrella and sn0wbreeze at the same time?

Thanks

Once you uncheck the option, save it and close Tiny Umbrella. Now your hosts file is pointing towards Apple server, use the pwned dfu mode from the tools after your build of cfw of 4.3.3 then run itunes : shift + restore to your cfw of 4.3.3 ( on your desktop )

hmr, no dice. it says 'iphone could not be restored because firmware is not compatible'.