Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Endless Boot Logo When Connected To Mac / Fine When Connected To AC.

Default Endless Boot Logo When Connected To Mac / Fine When Connected To AC.
    I've searched everything and everywhere and couldn't find anything on my subject. GAH.

My iPhone 4 (4.3.3) has recently gone through so much. It keeps screwing up with it's connector and it's restoring and it's charging and it's EVERYTHING. I've tried multiple attempts with iTunes/TinyUmbrella/iRecovery/redsn0w/etc just to try and kick it out of either the Endless Boot Logo or Recovery Mode just so I can restore it again.

If it's recognized in iTunes and is in Recovery (or even DFU), I get either Error 2001 or 1611 and it goes straight back into Recovery.

If I plug it in to an AC adapter, the phone will boot and allow me to make Emergency Calls, but asks to plug it back into iTunes. As soon as I disconnect it from the wall, it immediately shuts off and goes right into the Boot Loop.

HALP.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Try on a different computer and if it still does the same thing, take it back to apple for an exchange.

Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    Try on a different computer and if it still does the same thing, take it back to apple for an exchange.
    I tried it on my Macbook Pro and a PC, both with no dice. And I can't take it back to Apple, I switched the front and back faceplates from black to white so they won't take it back.

Thanks

Make sure you point your hosts file towards Apple server by setting the hosts in Tiny umbrella, have the latest itunes and restore to stock 4.3.3 again in recovery mode.

Make sure you point your hosts file towards Apple server by setting the hosts in Tiny umbrella, have the latest itunes and restore to stock 4.3.3 again in recovery mode.
    1. Does that mean the only box unchecked is "Set Hosts to Cydia on Exit" ?
    2. When you say "stock 4.3.3" , does that mean straight through iTunes or option+click and navigate to a downloaded 4.3.3 FW?

either way as long as its a stock firmware.

Just tried again. Came up with Error 1604. I'm still thoroughly confused why it stays in Recovery Mode while connected to my computer but it boots in "Emergency Mode" whule connected to an AC adapter.

Thanks

Stock firmware means, the official firmware of apple. If you are getting error 1604, are you trying to restore to custom fw ?

Stock firmware means, the official firmware of apple. If you are getting error 1604, are you trying to restore to custom fw ?
    I have previously, but I have tried Apple's stock firmware at least 20 times and got a mixture of Errors 2001 and 1611. I believe that the 1611's come from Recovery Mode and the 2001's come from DFU Mode.

Thanks

Did this issue happen after you replaced the cover ? Have you tried putting back the original cover.

Did this issue happen after you replaced the cover ? Have you tried putting back the original cover.
    Nahh, it's had this problem for only a few days now. And yes, i have tried replacing the cover, along with a bunch of other hardware alterations. Although 1611's normally involve hardware problems, I believe mine is a software malfunction.