Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone 3gs 3.1.3 upgrade help

Default iphone 3gs 3.1.3 upgrade help
    so my dad has an iphone 3gs 3.1.3 that he never ever bothered to ever update and now i can't because 3.1.3 isn't being signed anymore and hence i get the 3194 error.
    My iphone 3gs has shsh's saved on cydia, but I understand you can't interchange shsh's. SO my question is if i jailbreak his 3.1.3 can I spoof his firmware to like 4.3, so that iTunes can officially update his phone?
    I'm guessing even if i can change the number to 4.3, the shsh wont match or something. Not too sure.
    anyhow, I was just wondering if there was a chance it would work, because if I decide to jailbreak his phone I do not believe i can ever restore it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

You can upgrade your firmware to 4.3.3 (the newest one), what is your modem baseband?

If your modem baseband is 05.13.04 or lower, you're lucky and you iPhone can be unlocked.

If you're really want to update firmware, make sure you preserve your modem baseband for unlock purpose.

1. Make sure you save SHSH with tinyumbrella first, so you can go back to the firmware that was saved.

For Windows user:

2. Use sn0wbreeze 2.7.3 to build custom firmware for 4.3.3, search forum or internet to learn how to do it. (make sure: DON'T put a check mark on unlock with iPad baseband 6.15.00)

Note: If you don't have original carrier sim, put a check mark on "hacktivation" option.

Your iPhone will be on firmware 4.3.3 with your current preserved modem firmware and is jailbroken.

3. To unlock it, install ultrasn0w from cydia and it will be done.

Read more and make sure that you know what you're doing, if not you may end up with unlockable modem baseband.

Good luck.