Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Am I stuck on 4.2.1 until GP releases a JB for a newer firmware?

Thanks
    Default Am I stuck on 4.2.1 until GP releases a JB for a newer firmware?
    Hi All-

I have searched all over this site and google to no avail for an answer to this, I have two iP4's JB using greenpois0n and can not find a way to upgrade. Each time I have tried using the upgrade/downgrade sticky in this forum (w/the aid of tiny umbrella) I always can get the firmware installed but am then stuck on the "greenpois0n initialized" boot screen. This is where it is looking for the GP jailbreak obviously. For example I was able to install 4.3.3 but could not bypass the GP boot screen and had to downgrade back to 4.2.1 again to get my phones up and running again. If anyone has some insight here on how to upgrade (baseband upgrade does not matter) I would really appreciate your response.

Thanks in advance,
    iBlaze

iPhone? More like MyPhone M3th0s's Avatar
    Thanks

Last edited by M3th0s; 2011-06-15 at 03:03 PM.
    It only takes a few seconds, but if I helped you, say thanks!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to M3th0s For This Useful Post:

iBlaze (2011-06-17)

Thanks
    Does this bypass the greenpois0n initialization boot screen? I understand it builds a custom ISPW that jailbreaks 4.3.3 but I have no clue how to get past the GP screen once an upgraded FW (higher than 4.2.1) is loaded (custom or not)..

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iBlaze View Post
    Hi All-

I have searched all over this site and google to no avail for an answer to this, I have two iP4's JB using greenpois0n and can not find a way to upgrade. Each time I have tried using the upgrade/downgrade sticky in this forum (w/the aid of tiny umbrella) I always can get the firmware installed but am then stuck on the "greenpois0n initialized" boot screen. This is where it is looking for the GP jailbreak obviously. For example I was able to install 4.3.3 but could not bypass the GP boot screen and had to downgrade back to 4.2.1 again to get my phones up and running again. If anyone has some insight here on how to upgrade (baseband upgrade does not matter) I would really appreciate your response.

Thanks in advance,
    iBlaze
    If you want to upgrade to 4.3.3 , deselect : set hosts file to cydia in tiny umbrella , restore and verified thru itunes apple server. Jailbreak it with Redsn0w RC16

6. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

iBlaze (2011-06-17)

Thanks
    I did actually de-select that option in TU when I upgraded to 4.3.3 which pointed the ispw to verify through the apple servers (and it worked) but the main problem lies after the FW is installed, GP initializes still. Once this screen appears the only way I have found around it is to place the phone in DFU mode run greenpois0n and hold the home button through the entire process however this only works on 4.2.1 NOT 4.3.3 since GP doesn't have a JB yet for the new FW.

I dont see how Redsn0w RC16 will bypass the GP initialization, correct me if I'm wrong ...?

Thanks

You need to restore to either a custom 4.3.3 IPSW (with PwnageTool for Mac or sn0wbreeze for Windows, this option is strongly recommended) or a stock 4.3.3 IPSW and re-run redsn0w on a clean installation. Don't use greenposi0n at all; redsn0w, PT, or sn0wbreeze will take care of your Pwned DFU and jailbreaking on 4.3.3.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Orby For This Useful Post:

iBlaze (2011-06-17)

Thanks
    first of all a big thank you to all your input on this topic, this site is amazing.

The only thing I still do not understand is how to get past the code below.. this initializes AFTER installing any type of ispw of 4.3.3. due to GP being use previously to jailbreak 4.2.1... the only way to get past this forces you to use GP again from what I have found.

I just would like some clarification whether the methods mentioned will prevent this code from being displayed.

" Unable to find fs_mount"
    " Unable to find fs-mount
    "unable to find fs-mount
    Greenposi0n intialized

Many Thanks!
    iBlaze