Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ios5 beta update question

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default ios5 beta update question
    From what i've gathered by looking at various threads, it's possible to (shift) restore down to stock 4.3.3 after you've updated to beta 5 right?

Also i'm looking for someone online right now who's selling dev tests spots and an arrow in to the right guy would be greatly appreaciated. Paypals not a problem.

Thanks ahead of time for answering either question

Yes you can and I can confirm because I just did it less than an hour ago.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

was yours registered or did you do the voice activation work around

also what device?

Mine was registered.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Stray For This Useful Post:

rawrjoeynashomg (2011-06-15)

i've running ios5 beta for a day now and perhaps the bugs are getting the best of me. sbsettings is not working, no orig wall paper. so i decided to go back to 4.2.1 but of course i ran into the infamous 1013 error. i've removed all gs.apple info in the host file and have the latest tinyumbrella running. im trying to restore to 4.2.1 which i already have the saved blobs. im going to try another PC now and hopefully it will work.

overall ios5 beta is nice. i like the notifications (had this before on 4.2.1), photo editing tools and the option to store to the clouds. but did anyone notice the option to put the camera on the slide bar was missing? perhaps i didnt set it correctly? anycase, i think i'll wait for the official release when it comes out. i just dont want to be stuck somewhere and my iphone decides to respring and then im in restore mode

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

When you hit error 1013, you can run GreenPoison RC6 to get it out or restore to custom firmware of 4.2.1 .

Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    When you hit error 1013, you can run GreenPoison RC6 to get it out or restore to custom firmware of 4.2.1 .
    okay.. worked like a charm.. im now back on 4.2.1 thanks

but, now i have another problem. going from 4.2.1 --> 5.0 --> 4.2.1 now itunes is saying " The back cannot be restored to this iPhone because the software on the iPhone is too old. im running itunes 10.5.0.28. i believe thats the beta version. perhaps i need to revert to 10.0. but i dont want to loose my backup. do you know what directory they are stored in?

thanks..
    Last edited by daytonaviolet; 2011-06-15 at 09:52 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by daytonaviolet View Post
    okay.. worked like a charm.. im now back on 4.2.1 thanks

but, now i have another problem. going from 4.2.1 --> 5.0 --> 4.2.1 now itunes is saying " The back cannot be restored to this iPhone because the software on the iPhone is too old. im running itunes 10.5.0.28. i believe thats the beta version. perhaps i need to revert to 10.0. but i dont want to loose my backup. do you know what directory they are stored in?

thanks..
    Unfortunately, iTunes backups don't go in reverse (very easily). Hopefully you can find a backup from when your device was iOS 4.x (look at the timestamps). iTunes version won't change this behavior, either (downgrading iTunes won't help here).

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I don't know if you ever sorted this out, but just restore to 4.3.3. It's easier, and apple is still signing it. Then restore to 4.2.1 . Twice as long, but if your having issues, you can at least narrow it down to an itunes, or shsh blob (or hosts file) problem.

i was able to use the ios5 backup by changing the some contents inside the info.plist file strange, when i use notepad on vista to view the info.plist file, the binary file was very difficult to read. but when i used my older windows xp computer, it was very visible to see.

from this:
    <key>Product Version</key> <string>5.0</string>
    <key>Build Version</key> <string>9A5220p</string>

to this:
    <key>Product Version</key> <string>4.2.1</string>
    <key>Build Version</key> <string>8C148</string>