Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 5 Reboot Loop/Stuck after Jailbreak

iPhone? More like MyPhone RaginAsian55's Avatar
    Thanks

Default iOS 5 Reboot Loop/Stuck after Jailbreak
    So I updated my iPhone 4 to iOS 5. I tried it for a few days and then though I would try the JB to see how it goes.

I successfully JB with redsn0w 0.9.8b1. I installed My3G and it worked great. Then I went to install SwitcherPlus..... after installing it asks for a respring and since then I haven't been able to boot my phone up. I've tried using redsn0w and DFU mode to kick start my phone but no luck- the pineapple logo will appear for 10-15 minutes with no sign of my phone actually starting up. It eventually goes to a white wheel that spins for the first few seconds and freezes up after that. I also tried restoring back to stock iOS 5 through iTunes, but I get error 3194.

Any suggestions? Any/all help is appreciated. Thanks!
    Last edited by RaginAsian55; 2011-06-15 at 12:24 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RaginAsian55 View Post
    So I updated my iPhone 4 to iOS 5. I tried it for a few days and then though I would try the JB to see how it goes.

I successfully JB with redsn0w 0.9.8b1. I installed My3G and it worked great. Then I went to install SwitcherPlus..... after installing it asks for a respring and since then I haven't been able to boot my phone up. I've tried using redsn0w and DFU mode to kick start my phone but no luck- the pineapple logo will appear for 10-15 minutes with no sign of my phone actually starting up. It eventually goes to a white wheel that spins for the first few seconds and freezes up after that. I also tried restoring back to stock iOS 5 through iTunes, but I get error 3194.

Any suggestions? Any/all help is appreciated. Thanks!
    SwitcherPlus uses Mobile Substrate, which is a non-starter on the iOS 5 beta. Your best option may very well be to try another DFU restore. For the 3194 error, please make sure your hosts file is pointing directly to Apple's servers (if you use TinyUmbrella, make sure that the "set hosts to Cydia on exit" is not selected) and try restoring again.

To confirm you're connected to Apple's servers, run "ping gs.apple.com" in a command prompt or UNIX terminal. If the replying IP address is 17.112.176.11 or 17.151.36.30 (or any IP within the 17.0.0.0/8 CIDR range) then you're talking to Apple; 74.208.10.249 (or anything inside of the 74.208.10.0/24 CIDR range) and you're pointed towards Cydia (which can't do a whole lot to help you right now).

iPhone? More like MyPhone RaginAsian55's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks. Did a full restore by kicking into DFU mode using redsn0w and then a fresh download of iOS5 to restore through iTunes. Thanks! There's also a post with a list of working/non-working cydia apps on iOS 5...

My jb was working until i threw uisettings on it then bam, loop. I tried countless times with redsnow/mac but it kept saying there was an error. An hour later the windows version came out and immediately fixed it. Patience and persistance = success
    Last edited by spawn026; 2011-06-15 at 03:11 AM.