Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 3G, firmware 3.1.2, baseband 6.15... stuck in recovery mode

Default Iphone 3G, firmware 3.1.2, baseband 6.15... stuck in recovery mode
    Hi all...

I have an iphone 3G, firmware 3.1.2, baseband 6.15.

About a week ago i jailbroke my phone using redsn0w 0.9.6b6. all was well until today.. at about 2pm i suddenly couldnt make any calls, no 3g, no edge, no wifi... nothing.

I turned the phone off and on again and it went into recovery mode... stuck.

I rebooted the phone in redsn0w and then after initially looking like it was still in recovery mode, it went into the home screen. all seemed better, but still no signal or anything else. Wifi settings even said "no wifi" so could not even access anything in cydia to help.

I rebooted again in redsn0w and this time no luck at all, it went straight into recovery mode.

I tried reinstalling the firmare this time through itunes... all seemed to be going well until it got right to the end where i got "error message: 1002"

now its still in recovery mode...

then tried blackra1n, which didnt seem to find the phone at all, even though it was in DFU.

i have a feeling this all might be something to do with the upgraded baseband, but im wondering what i can do at all?

Im a bit of a n00b to all this... so any help would be appreciated.

many thanks,

Tom.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

It looks like you need a new iphone,error 1002 could be related to hardware issue. You can try and restore to stock 3.1.2 again, if error 1015 appears, kick out with TU and see if you can get this far.

Download TinyUmbrella. Run it and the click on “Exit Recovery” button. Your device will now restart normally.
    Last edited by Stanleyx; 2011-06-14 at 10:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanleyx View Post
    Download TinyUmbrella. Run it and the click on “Exit Recovery” button. Your device will now restart normally.
    Thanks Stanley... I just downloaded tiny umbrella. once in DFU the only option i can choose is "fix recovery", but when i click on it... nothing seems to happen...

thanks again.

any other suggestions guys?
    Last edited by travellingtommy; 2011-06-14 at 11:42 PM.

try to put your phone into dfu mode, and restore from there

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

If after restoring to 3.1.2 and error 1002 pops up, TU will not kick it out.

yeah... its wont work. it kicks me out, but when it reboots it goes straight back into the recorvery loop... Is there any other software that can get me out of the loop, that works?

do you think its something to do with me upgrading to the ipad baseband?

thanks all...

Default Had the same problem!
    I had exactly the same issue with my 3G with 06.15.00. I had to reload the iOS but would constantly receive the same error message because the baseband combination with the 3G is not recognized by iTunes. I can't remember the exact steps but I used sn0wbreeze and iReb to finally reload 4.2.1. It has something to do with the SHSH blobs and the restore process. I believe there is a new tool available from iH8s0w.com called iFaith which should help you solve your problem. I haven't used iFaith because when I ran into this problem iFaith was not available. I would take a look at iFaith and follow the instructions from there.

Cheers!

Troublesome

thats really helpful! thanks a lot, ill give it a go and let you know how i get on...

cheers.