Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 4.3.3 Jailbroken and 4.10.01, AMISTUCK?

Default 4.3.3 Jailbroken and 4.10.01, AMISTUCK?
    I jailbroke my phone using Redsnow, the newest version of it and my baseband updated at some point. I have no SHSH files, and my battery has been dying quick as all hell. I'm trying to downgrade back to a 4.2.X firmware, but I have been looking around and kind of have the feeling that I'm stuck where I'm at. Is this true?

Also, if I am stuck where I'm at, is there any way to return my phone back to Best Buy without them finding out I jailbroke it? I just want to get back to where I can start changing firmwares or at least get a new phone. I would appreciate any help, because I have been trying really hard lately to figure this out and I even looked around on these forums.

Thanks a bunch for anything guys,
    Chris

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Even if You can restore to the latest stock fw and return it, they are not going to accept it as there isn't a problem on the iPhone.
    If you return it on the basis you don't it, then there is a restocking fees you have to pay.
    There isn't any problem with battery drain with redsn0w , try and do another restore N rejailbreak it.

Finally what is wrong with the new baseband, you already have a non unlockable baseband and updating is not going to make it any worse
    Last edited by iYeow; 2011-06-13 at 10:49 PM.

Well then my next question is: can I still restore my iPhone? Like I said, I have no older SHSH blobs, so is there ANY possible way around this? I really appreciate the response bro.

Thanks,
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by ChrispyChris View Post
    Well then my next question is: can I still restore my iPhone? Like I said, I have no older SHSH blobs, so is there ANY possible way around this? I really appreciate the response bro.

Thanks,
    Chris
    without shsh blobs you are stuck with 4.3.3

Okay, I'm back with another question. I've had very horrible battery life the past week or so and I was trying to figure it out this whole time. Well thinking back, I can't remember if my battery life changed from good to bad when I went from tethered to untethered jailbreak. As another try for me to fix my phone's battery, I'm going to try and revert back to the tethered jailbreak. I'm hoping that it will fix more than just the battery life though, my phone has been overheating and it will only charge with a wall charger, no other way works.

My question is, once untethered, can I go back to tethered jailbreak without any blobs?

Thanks

I think you should restore to 4.3.3 now as apple is signing 4.3.3 and get an untethered jailbreak before it is too late.

I can't restore because I have no blobs.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

apple is still signing 4.3.3 so just restore. Then use redsnow rc16b4 (or whatever it is) and then jailbreak. backup shsh.

Thanks

Point your host file to apple server for verification of your restore, jailbreak with Redsn0w RC17.

Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    Point your host file to apple server for verification of your restore, jailbreak with Redsn0w RC17.
    How do I do that exactly?

Thanks

Run tiny umbrella, go to advance option : deselect > set hosts file to cydia , save and close it. Now do your restore to stock 4.3.3

Restore with Itunes?

Thanks

You should download the 4.3.3 ipsw from the Download section in this forum. Once you have pointed your hosts file to apple server . Run itunes : Press shift key + restore ( button ) in itunes , a box will pop up and browse to the downloaded 4.3.3 ipsw.
    It should restore successfully . Once restored , let your sim activate in and do you jailbreak with redsn0w.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2011-06-15 at 10:18 PM.