Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone stuck in Recovery Mode after uninstalling Facebook app and respringing.

Default iPhone stuck in Recovery Mode after uninstalling Facebook app and respringing.
    iPhone stuck in Recovery Mode after uninstalling Facebook app and respringing.

Hello guys I've been looking all over the place searching for help, and every method I have tried. And now as a somewhat last resort I am posting for help.

Basiclly after my Facebook application was glitchy and would freeze after start up I decided to uninstall the app and reinstall the app. However as I went to respring the phone, the phone would get stuck at the boot logo (mine is mario) or otherwise the loading apple. After several hard restarts, the phone went into recovery mode and will not exit after trying several methods. My usual go to method would me RecBoot but now for the first time this method is not working. When not connected to anything (or connected to pc) the phone shows the Recovery Mode screen, the cord and itunes. But when connected and attempting RecBoot It would exit Recovery Mode, bootup, but then get stuck in the Bootlogo, then restart phone and enter bootlogo again. Into somewhat a loop as long as RecBoot was running in background. But once exit RecBoot, it would get stuck in Recovery Mode again.

Also after using TinyUmbrella and attempting several times to exit recovery mode, the phone simply goes out of recovery, goes to the BootLogo, and then goes back into recovery nonstop.

Also when I attempt "To fix the 10xx recovery loop: Enter DFU mode on the device and click Fix Recovery." I click on fix recovery but afterwards it says "allow device to reboot." In which i dont know what to do next, the phone just continues to stays black even after 5 min. But when I go to do a hard reset (hoding both home and sleep) it simply goes back to recovery mode.

Ive all ready tried TinyUmbrella, iReb, RecBoot, and rejailbreaking with GreenPois0n. All does not work. Also should be important to note is that itunes, iFunbox, and iPhoneBrower can not recognize my device at all. So i cannot SSH into my device. iTunes can recognize it, but only through recovery mode and to restore.

Does anybody have any idea or help on what else i can do? thanks...

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Since you have tried everything and you are still stuck at recovery, your only solution is a restore.

Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    Since you have tried everything and you are still stuck at recovery, your only solution is a restore.
    damn lol would only go there through a last resort. any other ideas, because right now illl try ANYTHING...

also lets say i do happen to restore. what will i lose? everything? I last backuped about a month ago. will i be able to backup my info right before I do a restore? or will i have to do a restore from my last months back up?

also what can i do about all my cydia apps and programs? will i lose those?
    thanks...

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

You can only do a backup restore from last month, if you have not backup cydia stuffs using apps like pkgbackup or aptbackup, you will have to reinstall again , one by one.

Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    You can only do a backup restore from last month, if you have not backup cydia stuffs using apps like pkgbackup or aptbackup, you will have to reinstall again , one by one.
    damn again haha. thx for your quick response. but i was wondering if i restore i would basicly be like a factory iphone right? Now my previous firmware was 4.2.1 Now do you recomend updating to 4.3 (which i belive should be the newest one), 5.0, or keeping it to 4.2.1?
    Is there any new/updated things i can do with 4.3/5? Is there anything i cannot do with 4.3/5? Or should I just stay to 4.2.1?

thanks again for your response...