Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 3G restore nightmare!!!

Default Iphone 3G restore nightmare!!!
    Hey everyone

Recently got my iphone 3G unlocked down the local market, wish I didn't!

The phone was having wifi issues after being unlocked as it wouldn't stay connected properly to any network and wouldn't login to home network even though the password was correct. I tried many methods such as resetting network and phone settings, disabling security but it still wouldn't stay connected properly.

I decided to do a restore and then try and do the jailbreak myself but I have ended up leaving the iphone in recovery mode and unable to get it back to a working state.

I have tried Tiny Umbrella to get it working but no success. I also tried iReb with a custom firmware I found from a guy on YouTube but I still got the '1601' error on ITunes.

Any help would be much appreciated as it's driving me mad!

Cheers

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Why don't you restore to 3.1.3 and use exit recovery to kick out error 1015.

Brilliant! Thank you for your help! I had a look at downgrading tutorial and I'm now on 3.1.3. Do you know if I am able to upgrade back to 4.2.1?

I also still have poor wifi connection on 3.1.3 as it keeps connecting and disconnecting repeatedly. Is this possibly due to the baseband being upgraded during the initial jailbreak?

Many thanks

Thanks

I don't think the difference in baseband has anything to do with wifi, if you have dropped your iphone before, it is lightly that the contacts to the wifi signal is damaged or loose. Since you have restored to stock firmware of 3.1.3 and still having this problem, then it could be a hardware issue.

It's just that the wifi was working perfectly and then straight after the jailbreak the wifi was not working correctly.

Also in regards to upgrading back to 4.2.1 what would you suggest is the best way to do this?

Many thanks

Thanks

Restore to custom firmware of 4.2.1created by snowbreeze 2.2.1

Sadly after I've created the custom restore I always get the 1600 error in itunes when I try and update via shift+restore. I've tried removing files in mobile device support but that does not work as the iphone isn't recognised in itunes.

The main reason I'm trying to update to 4.2.1 is just to see if the wifi is any better as I really believe it must be a software issue because instantly after I jailbroke yesterday the wifi signal became even worse and won't even recognise any network! Any help you can provide would be much appreciated

Thanks