Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone 4 4.3.3 Jailbroken and tried restoring using itunes, no service

Default iphone 4 4.3.3 Jailbroken and tried restoring using itunes, no service
    I jailbroke my daughter's iphone 4 4.3.3 using snowbreeze. That went fine. A couple of days ago she decided to restore her phone to un-jailbreak it using itunes. That's when the trouble started. First all I could get was the connect to itunes and usb cable screen. Could not get around this problem so I then used snowbreeze to jailbreak the phone again. Then I went to itunes to get her data (contacts, photos, etc) back on her phone. Now there isn't any service for the phone (we are on AT&T). Went to AT&T and they said that the phone would have to be taken to an apple store and possibly need a new motherboard. Please help!!!!!!! Thanks to everyone in advance for your help.

Green Apple
    Thanks

have you tried restoring with DFU method? try that, restore to an official 4.3.3 and then activate it through itunes, problem should be fixed. The guys at att are morons theres no reason you need a new motherboard especially if your phone still turns on and such..

Tried restore the original firmware files, not the custom firmware.
    If you are facing any error while restoring the original firmware files through iTunes, paste the error message right here.

Anyone who said that it needs new motherboard was just joking.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aoprods View Post
    I jailbroke my daughter's iphone 4 4.3.3 using snowbreeze. That went fine. A couple of days ago she decided to restore her phone to un-jailbreak it using itunes. That's when the trouble started. First all I could get was the connect to itunes and usb cable screen. Could not get around this problem so I then used snowbreeze to jailbreak the phone again. Then I went to itunes to get her data (contacts, photos, etc) back on her phone. Now there isn't any service for the phone (we are on AT&T). Went to AT&T and they said that the phone would have to be taken to an apple store and possibly need a new motherboard. Please help!!!!!!! Thanks to everyone in advance for your help.
    You can restore to custom firmware of 4.3.3 created by Snowbreeze but your cfw must not be hactivated.