Results 1 to 11 of 11

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: iOS 5 downgrade error blues.

  1. #1
    Angry iOS 5 downgrade error blues.
    So, about 5 hours ago, I decided to upgrade my jailbroken 4.2.1 iPhone 4 to the new iOS 5 beta (I saved my SHSH blobs right before doing so). After upgrading, I found out that the phone was pretty much an expensive brick without a dev activation code. So I wanted to switch back. I put my phone in DFU mode, tried to return to 4.2.1, and it didn't let me. So I said, "Okay, let's download 4.3.3 and try this again." So I did so, and tried to restore my phone. I got error code 1. The easiest to fix. I tried again, making sure that I was in DFU mode and not restore mode. No dice. Still got error code 1. So, for the last 3 hours, I've changed cables, swapped USB ports on my MacBook Pro, restarted the computer, everything that the internet has told me to, and I still keep on getting that same freakin error code. Currently, I'm stuck in restore mode hell and doing the RecBoot trick doesn't work. Any suggestions as to what to do?

  2. #2
    You may want to read an article at the link below. Apparently there's no going back once you upgrade to iOS 5.0 Beta.

    bit.ly/mP9t94

  3. #3
    Apparently, multiple people are able to return to 4.3.3 from 5.0 just by restoring from within iTunes, no strings attached.

  4. #4
    iPhone? More like MyPhone RaginAsian55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    238
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 22 Times in 15 Posts

    How are you trying to downgrade? Find a stock 4.3.3 ispw (google it) and shift/option+restore to that file while in DFU mode and you should be back to a clean firmware. Not sure about other firmwares as you'd need shsh blobs.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by RaginAsian55 View Post
    How are you trying to downgrade? Find a stock 4.3.3 ispw (google it) and shift/option+restore to that file while in DFU mode and you should be back to a clean firmware. Not sure about other firmwares as you'd need shsh blobs.
    Thats exactly how i've tried to restore my phone for the last few times. I've done everything to the letter, but I always get Unknown Error 1.

  6. #6
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    151
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 17 Times in 12 Posts

    I kept getting unknown error 1 also...I finally just used Pwnage tool, made a custom bundle and it worked fine first try.

  7. #7
    I have upgraded to IOS 5, and just to find out the downgrade options I tried to downgrade.
    DFU mode, errors each and every time.

    Rebooting to the "Attach to iTunes" mode (sorry don't know what that one is called) and doing a restore from iTunes, a normal non-jailbroken restore, worked just fine.

    Something to try, maybe IOS 5 does something to DFU mode that we don't know about yet...

    Niscandia

  8. #8
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    151
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 17 Times in 12 Posts

    I downgraded from iOS 5 to 4.3.3 on my iPhone 4 fine..just took a little work...
    I kept getting the Unknown Error 1 message no matter what I did, DFU, clean restore, etc...
    The easiest thing I found to do is make a custom bundle in Pwnage tool, and put the phone in DFU and restore it using the custom bundle. Worked fine, no error messages.
    I'm running iTunes 10.5 beta too btw.
    Pwnage tool, use it.

    Quote Originally Posted by niscandia View Post
    I have upgraded to IOS 5, and just to find out the downgrade options I tried to downgrade.
    DFU mode, errors each and every time.

    Rebooting to the "Attach to iTunes" mode (sorry don't know what that one is called) and doing a restore from iTunes, a normal non-jailbroken restore, worked just fine.

    Something to try, maybe IOS 5 does something to DFU mode that we don't know about yet...

    Niscandia

  9. #9
    i downgraded with an ifaith custom firmware, but it probably does no good for you at this point.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by TypeRBass View Post
    I downgraded from iOS 5 to 4.3.3 on my iPhone 4 fine..just took a little work...
    I kept getting the Unknown Error 1 message no matter what I did, DFU, clean restore, etc...
    The easiest thing I found to do is make a custom bundle in Pwnage tool, and put the phone in DFU and restore it using the custom bundle. Worked fine, no error messages.
    I'm running iTunes 10.5 beta too btw.
    Pwnage tool, use it.
    Yeah, if you keep on getting error 1, you're best bet is to use Pwnage tool. I also did this about 10 hours ago and it works like a charm.

  11. #11
    how do you create a custom bundle to downgrade on pc?

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •