Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS5 Beta 1

Default iOS5 Beta 1
    I'm curious to know how well the beta works before I upgrade. Is anyone using it for their everyday iphone? Is it really buggy?
    I *hEaRt* my IpHoNe

http://twitter.com/#!/Loudmouth0

wanna be cool? Follow me

Thanks

from what I have seen on twitter it seems to be pretty stable but haven't tries it out yet personally

its stable, but it does lag at times, but it is a beta.

thanks, I'm gonna try it on my old 3gs and see what happens
    I *hEaRt* my IpHoNe

wanna be cool? Follow me

iPhone? More like MyPhone RaginAsian55's Avatar
    Thanks

I've only installed on my iPad so far since I need to keep my iPhone 4 JB. I LOVE IT. The safari tabs are really useful on the iPad, and the notifications are a very classy touch, even though I feel they would be much more appreciated on the iPhone. I've had a couple apps that act glitchy with iOS 5 but nothing major- can't login to bank of America app and some games crash (Contract Killer).

http://modmyi.com/forums/general-iph...firmwares.html
    Last edited by Cer0; 2011-06-08 at 04:54 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

I've encountered a few bugs in the app store app and a few of the new native apps, but overall it's a pretty stable beta.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RaginAsian55 View Post
    I've only installed on my iPad so far since I need to keep my iPhone 4 JB. I LOVE IT. The safari tabs are really useful on the iPad, and the notifications are a very classy touch, even though I feel they would be much more appreciated on the iPhone. I've had a couple apps that act glitchy with iOS 5 but nothing major- can't login to bank of America app and some games crash (Contract Killer).

http://modmyi.com/forums/general-iph...firmwares.html
    I'm interested, but have a couple questions. Would I get emails notifying me of beta updates? Or would I have to be on the lookout on news sites for articles stating that there's a beta update? And this is probably dumb, but I've never bothered with iOS betas since there wasn't anything as awesome as this, but I would still be able to make and receive phone calls, right? I want to try out the latest and greatest, but I still need to be able to call people for work.
    Last edited by Cer0; 2011-06-08 at 04:54 AM.
    WHITE 32GB Verizon iPhone 4 - 6.0.1
    Dual 1.2 Ghz G4, OS X 10.4.11
    2.2 Ghz MacBook, OS X 10.7.5
    69 Nova
    71 Duster

I'm not worried about the UUID registration I've got that covered. So please don't advertise that in this thread. I appreciate the feedback on from everyone else. I'm gonna install iOS 5 on my old 3gs. I'll post after I mess around with it.
    I *hEaRt* my IpHoNe

wanna be cool? Follow me

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

Do not spam wanting to buy or sell slots in people's posts. We are doing a clean sweep of random spam of this type.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

iPhone? More like MyPhone RaginAsian55's Avatar
    Thanks

My apologies. I saw a bunch of posts in the forums with people who upgraded accidentally and couldn't activate, so I thought I would let people know they're not completely SOL. From now on, if I see them, I'll send a PM.

Overall, I am still LOVING iOS 5! This is really a huge overall of the system. I'm also experiencing a bug that loads my mail VERY slowly at moments, although I can't tell if it's because I'm using all my iPad's memory or maybe if the internet connection I have is janky.

Thanks

No problem. We had a team meeting cause it got out of control. So we have switched to high gear to clean it up.

Please continue back to original's topic now. Any further questions please PM me.

I am finding the beta to be quite stable and speedy.
    Only issues I am finding is while it is syncing it is really slow trying to do anything else (At least you can do other things now!)
    Also the battery life is very bad. Dies much quicker than with 4.x

Only issues I am finding is while it is syncing it is really slow trying to do anything else (At least you can do other things now!)
    Last edited by VPrime; 2011-06-08 at 05:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by VPrime View Post

damn, i thought my battery lasted longer lol i guess some are good and others are bad

i can't wait to try out iOS 5

Quote Originally Posted by DevouredDreams View Post
    damn, i thought my battery lasted longer lol i guess some are good and others are bad
    I tested it on my iPhone 4, my friend also said his is much lower.
    Installed it on a 3GS but never paid attention to its battery life before so can't really comment on that.

Thanks

So far it has been stable for me. My battery ran out quick today because some of us Modmyi staff was testing the crap out of iMessenger.

Only glitch I had so far was icons becoming invisible on the homescreens when changing pages. A simple reboot fixed that though.

You know Cer0, that could be why the battery was dying faster.. I am using my phone a lot more the past 24 hr .
    Never experienced the invisible icons yet.

Thanks

Cowboy, Simon, and I were blowing our devices up with testing imessenger. It is a great feature for working with some privacy and a go between to keep connected.

The thing that bugs me is I can't hide Newstand in a folder. I won't use it and don't want to see it so let me hide it in a folder, but no you can't do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post
    Cowboy, Simon, and I were blowing our devices up with testing imessenger. It is a great feature for working with some privacy and a go between to keep connected.

The thing that bugs me is I can't hide Newstand in a folder. I won't use it and don't want to see it so let me hide it in a folder, but no you can't do that.
    wow just noticed i cant hide newsstand in a folder that is wierd, wish i had sbsettings then i would hide it for good.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post
    Yeah, what the hell? I tried for like 10 seconds to drag and drop it into a folder, but it just kept going back to the springboard. I have a folder of crap I don't use but now I have that and the Newsstand app next to it.

So far my battery is identical to 4.2.6. *shrug*
    WHITE 32GB Verizon iPhone 4 - 6.0.1
    Dual 1.2 Ghz G4, OS X 10.4.11
    2.2 Ghz MacBook, OS X 10.7.5
    69 Nova
    71 Duster

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast