Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS5 Beta 1

so what do you guys recomand?? Should I upgrade to 5.0?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Well it depends, are you jailbroken right now? If so, do you use a lot of jailbroken features? I was on 4.2.6 jailbroken, and I do miss SBSettings, Flashlight, custom sms/email/etc notification sounds and all that good stuff, but I'm digging the new features so much that I really don't mind losing that stuff. I'm hoping that someone will figure out how to jailbreak the beta and release it, but if not, I don't mind waiting.

I'm thinking about trying to downgrade back to a previous firmware, but mainly just to see whether or not I can, not really out of necessity.
    WHITE 32GB Verizon iPhone 4 - 6.0.1
    Dual 1.2 Ghz G4, OS X 10.4.11
    2.2 Ghz MacBook, OS X 10.7.5
    69 Nova
    71 Duster

the beta works almost flawlessly

Quote Originally Posted by DarkoNova View Post
    Well it depends, are you jailbroken right now? If so, do you use a lot of jailbroken features? I was on 4.2.6 jailbroken, and I do miss SBSettings, Flashlight, custom sms/email/etc notification sounds and all that good stuff, but I'm digging the new features so much that I really don't mind losing that stuff. I'm hoping that someone will figure out how to jailbreak the beta and release it, but if not, I don't mind waiting.

I'm thinking about trying to downgrade back to a previous firmware, but mainly just to see whether or not I can, not really out of necessity.
    thanks dude, im on 4.3.3 jailbroken and I do really use a lot of jailbroken tweaks, so better wait since my iphone 4 is the only one I use atm... when I had my ipod I always tried the new fw on ipod but since I lost it im gonna be patient, thanks for your reply dude

I have noticed quite a few issues with the first beta.

Using iPhone 4 AT&T model, 5.0 beta 1

- Calendar alerts are not showing up in the Notifications (Lock screen and Status bar list)
    - Wifi no longer works on my device as of today (can't locate a wifi hotspot)
    - Some third party apps are unstable (but this is to be expected)
    - Apples main apps have crashed much more than when I had 4.3.3 running
    - Had to delete and add my account three times to get the contacts from MobileMe to sync up correctly after a change (both on phone and on desktop)
    - iMessage is spotty (some messages send and others do not) when sending and receiving to other iPhone users (especially ones on iOS 5 beta 1). Basic SMS text doesn't appear to be affected

This is with heavy use since the 8th of June.
    "To unpathed waters, undreamed shores." -- William Shakespeare

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12