Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Downgrading from iOS 5 help

Default Downgrading from iOS 5 help
    I think I just made a major mistake here. I found a download of the iOS 5 beta online and thought I would try it on my Verizon iPhone 4. Well, needless to say the need to have an activated UDID did me in. I thought I could just restore with iTunes to 4.2.8, but I have been getting errors every time. My iPhone refuses to leave DFU mode. All the worse, I did not discover what a UDID was until today, and as such, can't get it registered so I can just use the beta. Or back up my shsh blobs (Didn't know about those either). So in essence, I think I may have just bricked my phone. I feel very stupid for not knowing every requirement and preparation ahead of time, and would be greatly appreciative if any of you could help me get my phone back to a working state, or provide the location of my UDID on my computer or phone packaging. Thanks.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

What errors?

Try forcing your phone into recovery (not dfu) mode and doing a restore to 4.2.8. A manual recovery might not work if you're stuck in dfu. So try recboot. If that doesn't work, well it'd be beneficial to know what error iTunes is giving you.

I have to same prob... I get the error #: 2001