Results 1 to 11 of 11

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: iOS 5 update help!

  1. #1
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Calgary, Canada
    Posts
    70
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Default iOS 5 update help!
    I tried updating my 4G touch to iOS 5, though I am not part of the developer program, is there a way to by-pass this activation sequence so I can try iOS 5?

  2. #2
    There is no way to bypass except by getting on a devs account or create your own dev account which is 99$/year.

    I am also wanting to get iOS5 so im debating on creating an account if i can get a group of people to do so. Usually 10$ a person for 10 people.

  3. #3
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Calgary, Canada
    Posts
    70
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Alright, thanks! Time to downgrade

  4. #4
    hold on, there is no verification but you just might be able to.

    How to install iOS 5 without a registered UDID

    Step 1. Install iOS 5

    Step 2. After restore, iTunes will say your device isn’t registered

    Step 3. jailbreak with redsn0w (Just select old firmware)

    Step 4. SSH (or afc2) into your device, open up /System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist and delete:

    <key>ReleaseType</key>

    <string>Beta</string>

    then restart your device and it will activate with iTunes officially.

  5. #5
    Retired Moderator Orby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Omicron Persei Eight
    Posts
    5,851
    Thanks
    42
    Thanked 699 Times in 594 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by nora47 View Post
    hold on, there is no verification but you just might be able to.

    How to install iOS 5 without a registered UDID

    Step 1. Install iOS 5

    Step 2. After restore, iTunes will say your device isn’t registered

    Step 3. jailbreak with redsn0w (Just select old firmware)

    Step 4. SSH (or afc2) into your device, open up /System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist and delete:

    <key>ReleaseType</key>

    <string>Beta</string>

    then restart your device and it will activate with iTunes officially.
    I wouldn't recommend that. At best it'll lead to a tethered jailbreak and at worst it'll seriously break something in your phone.

    For this, I'd refer to Apple's advice: this firmware is for developers only. If you're not a developer, don't use it; it /is/ beta software after all.

  6. #6
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    8,021
    Thanks
    102
    Thanked 789 Times in 731 Posts

    +1. Don't play with fire unless you like getting burnt!

  7. #7
    HELP!!!!! how do i downgrade my iphone 4 from ios 5 i need help please!!! :'(

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by de4thl0rd View Post
    HELP!!!!! how do i downgrade my iphone 4 from ios 5 i need help please!!! :'(
    Are you having issues? What is your problem? Details will help us help you.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by matt.superman View Post
    Are you having issues? What is your problem? Details will help us help you.
    like i put ios 5 on my iphone 4 and it cant activate but i work out on how to fix u put the iphone into dfu mode and go to itunes and hold shift click on a fimeware that u downloaded and let it restore

  10. #10
    iPhone? More like MyPhone RaginAsian55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    238
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 22 Times in 15 Posts

    I was looking into this before in case I went to iOS 5 but wanted my jb back... I think I googled "downgrade from iOS5" and I saw a good walkthrough on redmondpie.com. If you want to downgrade to anything buy 4.3.3 (Apple's latest official firmware) you'll definitely need shsh blobs already stored on cydia. you'll also need to have already saved your shsh blobs and text edited them.

    http://modmyi.com/forums/general-iph...firmwares.html
    Last edited by Cer0; 2011-06-08 at 04:58 AM.

  11. #11
    Last edited by Cer0; 2011-06-08 at 04:58 AM.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •