Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 3g, recovery stuck after 4.2.1

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Iphone 3g, recovery stuck after 4.2.1
    Hello

So, i had Iphone 3g wit Ipad baseband and 4.1 software.
    I was thinking about upgrading to 4.2.1, but that was bad idea, flashing finished with error 6. And mine Iphone now stucks at Recovery, Don't know what i can do with that, tryed Ireb and restoring to stock 4.1, then trying DFU from redsnow with restoring to stock 4.1, same error everytime, so i tried in DFU to restore to Custom maded 4.1 with Snowbreeze, Same error or i got once 1603, that's all. I'm lacking of ideas what i can do else.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Did you install a custom ipsw for 4.2.1?
    If you did not have SHSH blob for 4.1 and Tiny Umbrella running TSS Server, you cannot restore back to 4.1 as Apple is no longer signing.

dude. you can't restore using stock firmwares when you have ipad baseband, it's part of the warning xD. you're going to need to go straight to 4.2.1 custom firmware using sn0wbreeze or something. and if you're worried about unlocking, you'll still be able to unlock using ultrasn0w.
    WHY AREN'T YOU JAILBROKEN?!?!!?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RefreshingData View Post
    dude. you can't restore using stock firmwares when you have ipad baseband, it's part of the warning xD
    Yeah, but that thing, works fine last time, then i used redsnow to jailbrake that :P
    I tried 4.2.1 cooked with snowbreeze, same error :P
    I don't know, but i think it will be good if some1, can cook for me 4.2.1 in PWNAGEtool, with ipad baseband (and wallpapers) i guess :P
    But, i'll try again to do that with cooked in snowbreeze 4.2.1

lame. i hope you have the newest itunes xD it'd be hilarious if that was your problem.
    and even if we were to cook one for you, it'd be a huge file xD if i ever feel bored and this doesnt work, then i'll consider doing it :P

Thanks you for the post.
    Hi guys, Im a newbie. Nice to join this forum.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Okaaaay, cooked 4.2.1 and what ? error 6
    Well it will be awesome if u can cook with(?) 6.15bb 4.1 and 4.2.1, i ll owe u a beer or a keg

Btw. i guess i have SHSH for 4.1, cause cydia asked me to saved on their server, but i don't know how to recover them
    Last edited by Fokus; 2011-06-06 at 11:31 AM.

lol apparently error code 6 means that there's something's wrong with the computer itself. better find someone else's and try

9. The Following User Says Thank You to RefreshingData For This Useful Post:

Fokus (2011-06-06)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well, I resolved it, i have done that on another comp and i have got 4.2.1, but when im trying to sync my apps, it says that was an unknown error :<, Later says "Cannot archivized Iphone beacuse cannot start session" any ideas ? I got legal apps from appstore.
    Well that problem appears with paid apps not with free, it's beacuse WWDC begin soon?

Update: If i install my apps through Iphone appstore it works normally, i guess corrupted files on PC
    Last edited by Fokus; 2011-06-06 at 07:41 PM.