Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Bricked/Hanged iPhone4 Running greepoison

Unhappy Bricked/Hanged iPhone4 Running greepoison
    Hey,

My iPhone4 hanged on the greenpoison logo when i downloaded a cydia app named Color Keyboard. My iPhone is running on firmware 4.2.1. I tried entering DFU mode and restoring it but i got error 1013 while the restore was about to finish. Now when i try to turn it on, its stuck on the connect to itues screen.

Can you guys help me? Ask me if you want more information on my phone.

Edit: Sorry if i posted it on the wrong part of the forum.
    Last edited by shahiskandar; 2011-06-05 at 06:23 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shahiskandar View Post
    Hey,

My iPhone4 hanged on the greenpoison logo when i downloaded a cydia app named Color Keyboard. My iPhone is running on firmware 4.2.1. I tried entering DFU mode and restoring it but i got error 1013 while the restore was about to finish. Now when i try to turn it on, its stuck on the connect to itues screen.

Can you guys help me? Ask me if you want more information on my phone.

Edit: Sorry if i posted it on the wrong part of the forum.
    Nahh, your thread's fine.

Have you tried TinyUmbrella's "Fix Recovery" option?

If TU isn't working, I'd then suggest restoring to a custom 4.2.1 firmware (from PwnageTool preferably, but sn0wbreeze will work too) in iTunes.

That "connect to iTunes" screen (assuming it's not the Emergency Call screen) usually comes from restoring a firmware file and the baseband isn't updated properly (such as on an iPhone 4 restore using TinyUmbrella).

i downloaded TU's Fix recovery from the website. but when i clicked on the exe. file its says zlib1.dll was not found error.

Pwnagetool? So i need to download this software? I dont know how exactly im gonna solve this since im un-familiar with the mentioned software.

Also. before i received the 3004 error. I got the 1013 error. i solved(?) the problem by editing the hosts file. Then now im stuck at this error. Sigh
    Last edited by shahiskandar; 2011-06-05 at 09:28 AM.