Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3GS stuck in DFU

Default 3GS stuck in DFU
    Yesterday I upgraded my iPhone 3GS (new bootrom) to a custom firmware 4.3.3 by sn0wbreeze. I also upgraded my baseband to 6.15.00 ipad baseband. For baseband update I used Redsn0w and for custom firmware restore I used iReb to enter pwned DFU mode then restored it with itunes.

After this the restore went on smoothly and my iphone was jailbreaked. After the first restart I saw that I had to do a tethered boot. I did the tethered boot few times through Redsn0w and all was well.

Then after an hour my phone suddenly konked off (poweroff). I tried to connect my phone to the PC for tethered boot but what it does is as follows:

The normal sequence is, it will upload the exploit and then it reboot the phone, but what my phone does is it shuts down my phone n doesn't start. I can see and hear in device manager and also the USB disconnect sound that it has disconnected, but it never ever starts back.

I have tried restoring it again by pwning it through iReb and Redsn0w for a custom restore but in iTunes too while preparing for restore it just shuts down the phone. I have tried using fixrecovery, greenpoison, redsn0w, itunes etc etc but all of them just shuts it down. Then I have to do a reset i.e. pressing power and home for 10 secs, to bring my phone again to DFU.

has anyone been through this problem ? Please help.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Were you using tiny umbrella at all during this process?

Nope. no Tiny Umbrella. I tried to get out of dfu mode through it but failed.

And yeah I have saved my SHSH blobs through it

Thanks

Try the process again, but first open tiny umbrella, click on advanced, deselect the box that says "set hosts to cydia on exit". Click apply and close tiny umbrella. Then try to restore to the custom 4.3.3 firmware again.

It should be untethered so you dont need to boot tethered, you may have just had a SHSH issue if your hosts were not pointed to Apple.

Did it....still the same result.....it's stuck on 'preparing iPhone for restore' and the phone is off.

I had tried it earlier too by hashing the gs.apple.com entries in the hosts file, but then too it hadn't worked. Still the same.

Thanks

You need to use redsnow to enter pwned DFU to get past the "preparing iphone" issue.

I am using iReb for it....I have even tried with redsn0w to enter pwned DFU. but still same problem

Thanks

iReb isnt very reliable. What version of redsnow were you using?

I am even trying to restore with stock firmware....but still its just not doing anything except shutting down iPhone.

redsn0w version redsn0w_win_0.9.6rc16 and rc15

let me give it shot again with redsn0w

Thanks

Ya try again with redsnow, just choose the option to enter pwned DFU. If iTunes still gives you issues try another computer or you can try uninstalling then reinstalling itunes.

okie.....thanks a ton for everything.

redsn0w met the same fate.....still frozen.....will try a different PC.
    Thanks alot again.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

If you have shsh blob lower than 4.2.1 for your iphone, try restoring to stock firmware either by pointing hosts file towards cydia or using tss server ( with downloaded shsh blob on your computer ) to get your iphone back to working condition before any kind of jailbreak.
    You willl encounter error 1015 but you can kick it out with the tools you have.

Hi,

i've got the same problem! i've got a iPhone 3gs with new bootrom and firmware 4.3.3 but it has issues with powering on!

When restoring the phone shuts itself down (preparing for restore in iTunes) but it won't reboot to complete the restore process. I've really got no idea what to do!

Tried on different pc and macs, in pwn dfu mode but still nothing.

Sometimes when i push home+power button for 10 sec, the phone boots fine and everything is working! but when it comes to restore or a reboot or even manually turning on the phone it doesn't respond!

Hope you guys can help me! Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

If you are restoring to stock 4.3.3, you don't put your iphone into pwned dfu, just the normal recovery mode ( USB itunes cable ), make sure you point your hosts file towards apple server by deselecting : set hosts file towards cydia in TU and close it. This will allow you to restore to stock 4.3.3 ( baseband will be updated )

No i've tried it in pwned dfu mode normal dfu mode. With stock firmware and with custom firmware. this is how it goes everytime:

iTunes recognize the iphone in dfu mode (or recovery mode)
    i restore the iphone to stock 4.3.3 (sometimes it says: this device isn't eligible.... | but after removing server in hosts files it's fine)

Then iTunes tries to reboot the iPhone (preparing the iphone for restore...) but the doesn't turn on again! it just doesn't do anything!
    at last you get a error 1601

Anyone another idea?

Thanks,

Look up irecovery

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi app

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast